Mississippi Agency OKs $250M of CP Notes; $35M Set for May
- A Policy Analysis of the Status of Access and Equity for Tertiary Education in Russia. Hossler, Don; Shonia, Olga N.; Winkle-Wagner, Rachelle // European Education;Summer2007, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p83
The article addresses higher education in the Russian Federation and whether or not privatization in education will be successful based on access to and equity within Russia's higher education system. The article examines three issues that effect access and equity within higher education which...
- College aid awarded by the tax code. Wiener, Leonard // U.S. News & World Report;09/06/99, Vol. 127 Issue 9, p86
Focuses on the tax credits and deductions for college expenses in the United States. Information on the Hope credit, the Lifetime credit, and loan interest; Contact point for Internal Revenue Service publication 970, a summary of the rules.
- Debates in the Welsh Assembly. Coryton, Demitri; Hargreaves, Arabella; Marshall, Michael // Education Parliamentary Monitor;May2009, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p565
The article discusses debates in the Welsh Assembly in May 2009 including adequate funding for higher education, further education and the preservation of skills and apprenticeships, the provision for expenditure on the proposed Healthy Eating in Schools (Wales) Measure and the cessation of...
- Building a road to success. Naude, Colleen // Finance Week;08/18/2000, p28
Focuses on the Impumelelo program, a program that encourages and rewards innovation of government agencies in Eastern Cape, South Africa. Sponsors of the program; Prizes given to award recipients; Details on the Sitebe-Komkulu road project; List of prize-winning public sector projects.
- PATHFINDER PILOTS. // PFI Report;Jun2002, Issue 64, p19
Offers a look at the project development projects of Great Britain's Department for Transport, Local Governemnt and the Regions for 2002-2003.
- Right Place Partners With MEDC. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/23/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 30, pB2
Reports that the economic development agencies, Right Place Program of Grand Rapids and Muskegon Area First have become corporate partners of the Michigan Economic Development Corp. (MEDC). Mutual goals listed in the agreement between MEDC and the agencies.
- Stimulus Money Slow To Reach Colleges. GALUSZKA, PETER // Diverse: Issues in Higher Education;10/1/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p7
The article discusses the slow initial distribution of education funds from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), noting that in October 2009 only 14 percent of the funds have been distributed. Funding has focused on financial aid and tax credits rather than building projects. The...
- GAO Report: College Collaborations on Financial Aid Packages Fail to Improve Affordability for Students. Dervarics, Charles // Diverse: Issues in Higher Education;10/19/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p13
The article focuses on a report issued by the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) regarding a review of a policy in which 28 highly selective colleges received an antitrust exemption to use a common framework to assess student financial need. According to the GAO, a federally sanctioned...
- Canada Streamlining its Project Review Process. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);May2012, Vol. 213 Issue 5, p10
The article reports on the Responsible Resource Development plan released by the government of Canada which aims to streamline the review procedures for major economic projects.