S&P Director Warns Against Cuts to Public Housing Funds
- Credit Classification Using Grammatical Evolution. Brabazon, Anthony; O'Neill, Michael // Informatica (03505596);Oct2006, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p325
Grammatical Evolution (GE) is a novel data driven, model induction tool, inspired by the biological geneto-protein mapping process. This study provides an introduction to GE, and demonstrates the methodology by applying it to model the corporate bond-issuer credit rating process, using...
- Commonwealth's Credit Rating Drops. Teissonniere, Georgianne Ocasio // Caribbean Business;6/2/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p8
The article focuses on the Commonwealth's credit rating for Puerto Rico. In less than a week, a series of five reports prepared by Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's (S&P) were made public, all coinciding with their concerns over the island's fiscal deficit and the high levels of...
- S&P Lowers Delta MassPort Debt. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/5/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32232, p2
Reports that Standard & Poor's has lowered the rating of Delta Air Lines Inc.-backed debt sold by the Massachusetts Port Authority in the U.S. Factors contributing to the lowered rating; Implication of the rating to the financial market; Impact of the rating on the reputation of Delta Air Lines Inc.
- S&P Downgrades FHLB of Chicago. Sloan, Steven // American Banker;6/13/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 114, p20
This article reports on a credit rating decrease for the Federal Home Loan Bank (FHLB) of Chicago, Illinois by Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) after the FHLB had trouble in the mortgage partnership program. The S&P claims that FHLB did not manage its risk well and expects the FHLB to announce a...
- Hard Decisions Required for Economic Transformation. Marques, Carlos; Teissonnieri, Georgianne Ocasio; Serrano, Mariella Perez // Caribbean Business;6/2/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p16
The article reports that it has been less than a month since the credit rating agencies, Moody's and Standard & Poor's (S&P), downgraded the Commonwealth's credit rating on $23.2 billion in outstanding general obligation (GO) bonds, to a notch above junk bonds. The downgrade of the...
- St. Paul's '876 Fund' Defaults. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/6/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32023, p1
Reports on the default of the credit rating for the St. Paul Port Authority revenue bonds by Standard & Poor's Rating Services in the state of New York. Reason for the downgrading of the rating; Statement of Thomas Collins, authority spokesman regarding the situation; Impact of the default on...
- To Market's Relief, S&P Keeps Credits Independent. MCGEE, PATRICK // Bond Buyer;8/10/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33563, p1
The article focuses on the impact of the Standard and Poor Index downgrade to the municipal credit ratings in the U.S.
- Ashtabula, Ohio, Outlook Now Negative From S&P. // Bond Buyer;8/20/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33767, p2
The article reports on the outlook revision of Standard & Poor's 500 index which turns to negative from stable in Ashtabula, Ohio and confirmed its BBB-plus issuer credit rating.
- S&P, Citing Policy Paralysis, Cuts India's Ratings Outlook. Chaze, Aaron // Global Finance;Jun2012, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p12
The article reports that Standard & Poor's 500 Index has cut the sovereign credit rating outlook of India to negative in April 2012, in light of the increasing paralysis in government policy.