Attorneys Testify on Tribal Bond Confusion
- Treasury Official Explains Changes in Circular 230. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;2/4/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31814, p5
Focuses on the changes in Circular 230, which applies to any attorney who practices before the Internal Revenue Service in Florida. Removal of an exemption for tax exempt bond opnions from a proposed tax shelter rule; Application of changes to municipal bonds; Absence of exemption for...
- IRS ruling on academics could lead to charter school tax-exempt issuance. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/15/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30252, p1
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service has ruled that an educational academy is eligible to benefit from tax-exempt financing, which could clear the way for charter schools to sell tax-exempt bonds. Citing of private-letter rulings; Reactions from several bond lawyers on the ruling.
- Proposed Collection; Comment Request for Notice. Lawrence, Yvette B. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;3/21/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 55, p16587
The article presents information on a notice issued by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of the U.S. Department of Treasury requesting public comments on a proposed information collection request (ICR) related to the tax exemption regulations for housing bonds under the U.S. Housing...
- Scrutinizing 'Lease-to-Own' Deals. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;1/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32304, p1
The article reports on statements by Charles Anderson, tax-exempt bond field operations manager of the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS), on Section 6700 penalties for lease-to-own bonds. Anderson said that the IRS is conducting audits of some bond-financed leases which could have...
- Phannaceutical Finn's Wastewater Plant Didn't Break Rules. SCHROEDER, PETER // Bond Buyer;6/29/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33341, p5
The article discusses the ruling of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that a wastewater plant built by a pharmaceutical company with exempt facility bonds does not violate tax laws.
- IRS releases proposed tax-exempt bond audit guidelines. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Oct95, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the Internal Revenue Service's release of proposed tax-exempt bond audit guidelines as part of its enforcement initiative. Goals of the IRS guidelines; Terms of the guidelines.
- South Miami Settles With IRS Over Garage Debt. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;8/22/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33569, p4
The article reports on the settlement and agreement reached between South Miami and the Internal Revenue Service over prohibited uses of tax-exempt bond to construct a parking garage in 2011.
- Housing Bonds Are Next. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/07/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31091, p1
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service held a training session for its municipal bond enforcement agents to teach them the details of the housing bond market before the agency launches an in-depth audit in that area. Focus on single-family mortgage bonds and multifamily housing...
- IRS focus on tax-exempts could increase after reorganizing, official warns. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;05/17/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30642, p39
Announces the plan of the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to double the number of tax-exempt bond audits following the agency's reorganization. Effect of the reorganization on the IRS bond audit activity; Terms of the reorganization plans.