Reheating An Airline Caterer
- Swissair receivers sell catering and handling units. Pilling, Mark // Airline Business;Mar2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p20
Reports on the sale of Swissport and GateGourment, subsidiaries of Swissair Group. Aim of Texas Pacific Group on the catering business; Company that acquired Swissport; Other shareholdings of the company that were sold.
- AIRLINE outlook. Fiorino, Frances // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/11/2002, Vol. 156 Issue 6, p17
Reports developments related to global aviation industry as of February 2002. Provision of adequate security around the out-of-service aircraft; Acquisition of the Zurich-based Gate Gourmet by the investors in the United States; Focus on the transatlantic operations.
- Troubled Midwest wins new backing. // Airline Business;Oct2008, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p4
The article focuses on the need for additional cash infusion by Midwest Airline. It has arranged a $60 million cash infusion deal with TPG and with Republic Airways Holdings, but one condition of the package is that it cuts its mainline fleet further and lays off more staff. Midwest went private...
- Striking BA staff highlighted an important issue. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/19/2005, Issue 2679, p15
Comments on the labor dispute faced by British Airways PLC in Great Britain. Number of Gate Gourmet employees who had been sacked because their employer wanted to replace them with cheaper labor on temporary contracts; Effect of the dispute on travel agents; Suggestion for the airline to...
- Gate adds flights at Turkish Airlines. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/27/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4261, p14
Reports on catering services provided by Gate Gourmet on several flights at Turkish Airlines, as of February 2003. Background on the company; Value of its operations turnover for 2001.
- IS THERE A DOCTOR ON BOARD? Thomas, Cathy Booth; Donnelly, Sally B. // Time;8/26/2002, Vol. 160 Issue 9, p28
Profiles David Bonderman of the Texas Pacific Group (TPG) and his involvement in the airline industry. Money invested in struggling airlines, including in Continental; Status and outlook for US Airways; TPG deal with Burger King from Diageo, based in London; Biographical information about...
- Texas Pacific eyes Iberia. Ezard, Kerry // Airline Business;May2007, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p18
The article reports on the plan of private equity firm Texas Pacific Group (TPG) to issue a takeover bid for Iberia. TPG has requested access to company information on Iberia with a view to making a public offer to acquire all of the Spanish airline carrier's shares at a price of â‚¬3.60 per...
- Texas Pacific beats AirTran to Midwest. Field, David // Airline Business;Sep2007, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p17
The article reports on the decision of Midwest Airlines to sell out to private equity giant Texas Pacific Group with Northwest Airlines included as a passive investor. Midwest Airlines rejected a hostile takeover bid by AirTran. Midwest Airline's share of the Milwaukee, Wisconsin market, a...
- New Owners, Same Strategy. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/18/2006, Vol. 165 Issue 24, p62
The article reports that an agreed private equity takeover of Qantas Airways, announced December 14, 2006, will saddle the Australian carrier with three times as much debt, but let it carry on with its current business plan without the radical new cost cuts and asset sales typical of such...