More MBOs in Store For Asset Managers
- Nationwide Mutual Completes Gartmore Purchase. // Insurance Advocate;06/10/2000, Vol. 111 Issue 24, p44
Reports on the acquisition of Gartmore Investment Management plc by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company in Columbus, Ohio on May 31, 2000. Significance of the acquisition for the mutual insurance company.
- Eyeing Europe, Nationwide Buying British Asset Manager. RING, NIAMH // American Banker;3/31/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 63, p10
Reports on the plans of Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co. to acquire Great Britain-based Gartmore Investment Management. Value of the deal; Plans to expand its business outside the United States.
- IPO Eyed for Nationwide Affiliate Gartmore. // American Banker;9/14/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 177, p5
Reports on the announcement by Gartmore Investment Management, which is owned by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co., that it is considering an initial public offering. How the offering is intended to raise $1.8 billion; Comments from Vee Montebello of Gartmore; Statistics about Gartmore's assets...
- Nationwide Offers $1.64 Billion For Asset-Management Firm. // Best's Review;May2000, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p139
Reports on Columbus, Ohio-based Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co.'s plan to acquire Scotland-based fund-management firm Gartmore Asset Management PLC from Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC as of May 2000. Details of the purchase deal. Gartmore Fund Managers Ltd.
- Nationwide considers shedding its Gartmore business in U.S. Appell, Douglas // Pensions & Investments;11/13/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p2
The article reports that Ohio-based insurer Nationawide Mutual Insurance Co. is moving to dispose of its U.S. manufacturing to focus on its strength as a distributor. The company hired investment bankers to advise on the possible transfer of $25 billion in Gartmore PLC's retail mutual fund...
- Schroders tipped for Gartmore deal. Davis, Matt // Money Marketing;12/15/2005, p2
The article states that Schroders PLC is the hot favorite to buy Gartmore PLC. Gartmore's U.S. owner Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co. is reported to have ruled out a flotation of the business in favor of selling it. Schroders is particularly keen on snapping up Gartmore's hedge fund business run...
- Gartmore move to spur a freedom movement. Appell, Douglas // Pensions & Investments;5/29/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p6
The article informs that Hellman & Friedman LLC, the private equity firm that joined with the management of Gartmore Investment Management PLC to buy the company from Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co., expects a growing number of European money managers to seek independence. Patrick Healy,...
- Gartmore faces uncertain future. Appell, Douglas // Pensions & Investments;11/14/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p3
This article reports that Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co. is reviewing options for its asset management unit Gartmore Asset Management PLC. Nationwide hired its current President and Chief Executive Officer Paul Hondros in 1999 to build its asset management operations. As of September 30, 2005,...
- HIRINGS. // Pensions & Investments;12/11/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 25, p37
The article provides information on the hiring of various consulting firms by pension trusts. The Alaska Supplemental Annuity Plan and the Alaska Deferred Compensation Plan hired Advised Assets Group for investment advice and guided account services. Western Asset Management was hired by...