GAL to Test French Insolvency Law
- From Riches to Rags. // People;5/6/2002, Vol. 57 Issue 17, p99
Introduces articles on people who lost their life savings as a result of bankruptcies and failed companies.
- Business Judgment Rule Protects Board's Decision to Maximize the Value of an Insolvent Delaware Corporation. Phinney, Chip; Walsh, Kevin J. // Pratt's Journal of Bankruptcy Law;Apr/May2015, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p154
The authors of this article discuss a Delaware Court of Chancery opinion that makes it clear that directors' strategic decisions about how best to maximize the value of an insolvent Delaware corporation are protected by the business judgment rule, even though they benefit the corporation's...
- After sale, Riverstone Networks stock payouts still unclear. Sanders, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;4/14/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p18
The article reports that the sale of bankrupt Riverstone Networks Inc. to Lucent Technologies could not come soon enough for shareholders. according to the company's latest financial statement, Riverstone has lost about $10 million in net equity in the three weeks following the bankruptcy...
- SENATOR TO CUT SHARES. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;6/18/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 53, p5
Reports on Senator Entertainment shareholders' approval of insolvency management plans to reduce the company's shares as part of a bid to rescue the company from a financial crisis.
- INVESTORS PILLORY PRIMACOM RESCUE. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;6/11/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 48, p6
Reports on the disclosure of PrimaCom regarding its bankruptcy in Berlin, Germany. Refusal of shareholders to approve the plan to transfer assets to creditors; Debt of the company; Demand of the company's creditors to take over its assets.
- Approval of Liquidation Plan Marks End for AMS. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/10/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 49, p4
The article reports on the status of the AMS bankruptcy proceeding which entered its final phase with the approval of the final liquidation plan on December 4, 2007. The plan approval signals that all operational issues regarding AMS have been settled. In addition to dozens of employees losing...
- Judge OKs Frank's plan. Kosdrosky, Terry // Crain's Detroit Business;4/25/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p2
The article informs that a bankruptcy judge in New York approved the Chapter 11 disclosure statement for Frank's Nursery & Crafts Inc., which means the company can solicit votes on its reorganization plan. The plan calls for Frank's to retain 42 pieces of real estate that it would develop. The...
- CHAPTER 15: Resolutions for Loans to Insiders. Mancuso, Anthony // Corporate Records Handbook;Jul2013, p227
The article presents suggestions on using corporate resolutions to lend money to insiders. To find the required resolutions of interest, it is advised to scan the table of contents at the beginning of the chapter. It is noted that if a corporation seeks to make loans as a regular part of its...
- INTRUDERS IN THE BOARDROOM: THE CASE OF CONSTITUENCY DIRECTORS. SEPE, SIMONE M. // Washington University Law Review;2013, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p309
Under current fiduciary rules, directors who fail to maintain an undivided loyalty to common shareholders are essentially "intruders," exposed to shareholder retribution and liability for breach of fiduciary duty. This Article argues that the increasing appointment of "constituency directors"...