Teams Mull Venue Change
- Stress fractures. Vecsey, Laura // Basketball Digest;May97, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p60
Assesses the prospects of the Seattle SuperSonics in the National Basketball Association's (NBA) 1997 playoffs. Role of forward Shawn Kemp and guard Gary Payton in leading the Sonics to the pennant race; Key backup players for Seattle; Strategies needed by Seattle to boost its chances of...
- Deja-vu? Taylor, Phil // Sports Illustrated;5/06/96, Vol. 84 Issue 18, p42
Wonders whether the Seattle SuperSonics will suffer their perennial first-round collapse in the 1996 National Basketball Association playoffs. Their opening round upsets the last two years; Their series against the eighth-seeded Sacramento Kings; The series even after the first two games;...
- Boom or bust? Taylor, Phil // Sports Illustrated;05/12/97, Vol. 86 Issue 19, p30
Looks at the performance of the Seattle Supersonics of the National Basketball Association (NBA) during the postseason in the mid-1990s. Their playoff performance thus far in 1997 revealing vulnerabilities; Their loss to the Houston Rockets in game one of the second round of the 1997 playoffs;...
- Blow Whistle on NBA Champs' Ladies' Nights. // American Bar Association Journal;Nov79, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p1619
Reports on the Washington Court of Appeals' ruling that the Seattle Supersonics basketball team's practice of selling ladies' night tickets violates the state's equal rights amendment and antidiscrimination law. Theory that men will attend the games because their wives enjoy them;...
- SuperSonics. Tillery, Ronald // Sporting News;01/19/98, Vol. 222 Issue 3, p67
Reports on the developments related to the National Basketball Association's Seattle SuperSonics for the week ending January 19, 1998. Includes an assessment of the overall performance of the team in the season.
- The joy of yap. Angeli, Michael // Esquire;Apr94, Vol. 121 Issue 4, p108
Features the Seattle Supersonics basketball team. Point guard Gary Payton's introduction of team members and officials; Loss in the game against Cleveland; Author's brunch with coach George Karl; Voluntary Sunday practice; Game against Philadelphia; Win over Washington Bullets; More wins; Loss...
- Total denial. // Sports Illustrated;5/2/94, Vol. 80 Issue 17, p34
Offers a photo essay depicting some of the defensive maneuvers of the Seattle SuperSonics. Preview of the National Basketball Association (NBA) 1994 playoff season; Nate McMillan, the NBA steal leader; Classic post defense; Detlef Schrempf and the fast break.
- Seattle SuperSonics. Spencer, Sheldon // Sporting News;11/4/96, Vol. 220 Issue 45, pS-14
Features the Seattle SuperSonics basketball team. Team's record for the 1995-1996 season; Strengths and weaknesses; Forecasts for the 1996-1997 season.
- Seattle Supersonics. Condotta, Bob // Sporting News;11/03/97, Vol. 221 Issue 44, pS-7
Previews Seattle Supersonics' overall capability to win the 1998 National Basketball Association championship. Strength and weakness; Defense and offense; Key players; Performance records; Health of the team.