Monorail Tax Waning
- State changes its rules for vehicle registration. // Journal of Business (10756124);4/22/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 9, pA20
Reports on the changes in the rules for vehicle registration in Washington. Requirement for vehicle owners to register their vehicles using their primary street addresses; Adoption of the requirement to help ensure that all people living within special taxing districts pay their fair share of...
- Tires a little less taxing. Sharp, Asa // Fleet Owner;Dec2004, Vol. 99 Issue 12, p68
This article reports on the revision to the Federal Excise Tax that is levied on over-the-road tires which is now finalized and scheduled to be effective with tires sold on or after January 1. 2005. Historically, this tax has been assigned to specific brands and models of tires based on new tire...
- Motor vehicle tax exemption added. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;4/1/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p6
The article reports that the transfer of ownership of a vehicle previously transferred because of a business reorganization is exempt from the North Dakota motor vehicle excise tax provided the second transfer returns ownership to the previous owner.
- Vehicle excise duty. // Accountancy;Apr89, Vol. 103 Issue 1148, p22
Focuses on excise duty imposed on vehicles in Great Britain.
- Arizona DOT to Pass $2B Mark in Excise-Tax Bond Level With Latest Deal. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;10/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31242, p33
Reports the market of the Arizona Department of Transportation of excise tax revenue bonds to finance highway construction under a tax-payer-approved initiative in Dallas, Texas. Negotiation of deal headed by Salomon Smith Barney Inc.; Rating of the deal by different agencies; Implication of...
- Collaboration may equal political success. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;4/21/2006, Issue 323546, p22
The article provides information on Measure C, a transportation sales tax in Fresno County, California. It was formed by a 24-member steering committee which is represented by stakeholders. The committee also includes proponents of freeways, the airport and the consolidation of the railroads. It...
- Plan would tax sport-utes to aid wildlife conservation. Stoffer, Harry // Automotive News;3/16/1998, Vol. 71 Issue 5757, p8
States that a group of recreational equipment makers are warning sport utility owners they might have to pay an excise tax for wildlife conservation. Tax proponents hiring lobbyists, according to Derrick Crandall, president of the American Recreation Council; Comment from Crandall.
- When the Levy takes. Walton, Christopher // Commercial Motor;10/25/2012, Vol. 218 Issue 5507, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) Road User Levy Bill, vehicle excise duty (VED) reduction, and large goods vehicles (LGVs) charge revenue in Great Britain.
- Transportation crisis looming? // Transportation & Distribution;May2003, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the result of the survey conducted to assess public support of small fuel tax increase to deal with a perceived transportation capacity crisis in the U.S. Rise of the motor fuels user fee excise; Improvement of roads, bridges and public transit; Emphasis on vehicle inspections and...