More Bullet Train Delays
- BART Eyes $500M in GOs. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;5/19/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32385, p33
The article reports that San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District will issue about $500 million in general obligation bonds in few years from now. The issuer is also exploring finance options for an electrified people mover that would replace shuttle bus service from a train station to...
- Monday's Market: Muni Prices Close Sharply Lower; $90M El Paso Refundings Priced. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/18/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31287, p2
Presents information related to bond market in the U.S. as of December 17, 2001. Decrease in municipal bond prices; Factors responsible for decrease in bond prices; Economic conditions of the treasury market.
- Exit and Exchange Option Values on Government of Canada "Retractable Bonds" Dipchand, Cecil R.; Hanrahan, J. Robert // Financial Management (1972);Autumn79, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p62
This article examines the design of the retractable bond issued by the government of Canada since 1967. A corporate retractable bond is a long-term obligation which permits bondholders to cash the debt at period. The government retractable bond is a modified version of the corporate retractable....
- Kuponsteuer (Ger.). // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p152
Definition of the German term "Kuponsteuer" is provided. It refers to tax on interest receipt of German bonds held by foreign holders.
- Calendar. // Bond Buyer;1/12/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32297, p13
The article presents a directory of bond issuers and their services in the U.S. Some of the bond issuers are the State of Wisconsin Capital Finance Office, the Metropolitan Authority, Ohio Public Facilities Commission, the Massachusetts Port Authority, and the San Francisco Redevelopment Agency.
- Children's Museum Sale. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;8/28/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32454, p35
The article reports on the release of refunding bonds by the Massachusetts Developments Finance Agency in Massachusetts. The agency will issue bonds worth almost $30 million for the Boston Children's Museum. The underwriter is the Bank of America Securities LLC and Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge...
- Yielding to European treasuries. Miller, Matthew // Fortune;7/22/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 2, p203
Suggests European government bonds as an alternative to low-yielding U.S. Treasuries. Comparison of rates for U.S. Treasury notes with European notes; Reasons for the disparity; Why bond funds are the best option for most investors; Suggestion of American Century International Bond.
- Arizona Community College District Seeks $435M in GOs to Expand. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/22/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32117, p3
Reports on the request of the Pinal County Community College District to approve a multimillion general obligation (GO) bond authorization to finance a four-part expansion plan in Arizona. Inclusion of the district's financing plan for revenue bonds; Purpose of the GO bond programs; Comment from...
- OKLAHOMA: Jail Bonds Off the Table. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/19/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32531, p31
The article reports on the tabled plan of the Oklahoma state's Council of Bond Oversight by a private corrections company to raise several million dollars funds through the sale of the industrial development revenue bonds. According to the report, this initiative was formulated after the...