S&P Raises Prince George's County, Md., to AA-Plus Ahead of $113M Sale
- Nevada Scores Its 3d AA-Plus. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;6/26/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32410, p1
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has upgraded Nevada's general obligation bond rating to AA-plus from AA. The rating action affects outstanding debt of the state. The upgrade reflects the state's gradual diversification of tax revenues beyond the taxes paid by casinos along the...
- S&P Revises to Stable. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31912, p31
Reports on the revision of Standard & Poor's Corp. on the general obligation bonds to stable of Tennessee. Improvement of the state economy; Incorporation of reform in the budget of the state; Refusal of Moody's Investors Service Inc. to change its outlook for the state bonds.
- Raters Give Single A to Louisiana's 1st Post-Hurricane GOs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/23/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32409, p4
The article reports on the rating assigned by credit rating agencies Fitch Ratings Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. to Louisiana's first general obligation bond deal since hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Both raters assigned A ratings to the deal which will be used to provide funds for local...
- Marysville Wastewater Drops. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/6/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32460, p27
The article reports on the change of rating given by the Standard & Poor's Corp. on the waste treatment system bonds of Marysville, Ohio from A-minus to BBB-plus. It was stated that the rating given by the agency will affect the $ 68 million outstanding debt of waste water bonds that is due to...
- Peachtree City, Ga., Earns AAA From Standard & Poor's. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/25/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32947, p28
The article reports on a rating assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. to the general obligation bonds of Peachtree City, Georgia. The agency upgraded the general obligation rating of the city to AAA from AA-plus. Standard & Poor's also raised the rating for the city's water and sewer authority...
- 'A' Is for Arts Center. Daulerio, A. J. // Bond Buyer;6/18/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31908, p35
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has assigned an A rating to the revenue bonds of the California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank. Issuance of the bonds for the Orange County Performing Arts Center; Selection of Banc of America Securities LLC to underwrite the auction securities.
- S&P Raises District of Columbia GOs to A-Plus From A. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;11/28/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32266, p39
The article reports on the rating raised by Standard & Poor's Corp. on the District of Columbia's general obligation (GO) debt to A-plus from A in Washington D.C. There is a continuation of conservative financial management and operations, coupled with significant tax base growth and investment....
- Ups and Downs in the Rating Game. Lemov, Penelope // Governing;Jul2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p80
Reports on the study conducted by Fitch Ratings on default rates in the municipal bond sector in the U.S. Results of the study; Upgrades made by Fitch on local government general obligations and tax- and lease-backed bonds; Information on the review conducted by Standard & Poor's on state ratings.
- S&P Confirms Alabama's AA Rating; Outlook Remains Stable. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/26/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32679, p4
The article reports on the declaration of Standard & Poor's Corp. on the bond rating of Alabama. With the state's economy growing and diversifying, the agency confirmed Alabama's AA general obligation rating affecting $517 million of outstanding debt. In addition, it maintained a stable outlook...