Tax-Free Slide Continues; Yields Drop 5 Basis Points
- Tax-Free Yields Up Nine Basis Points to 2.06%. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/30/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32229, p7
Reports on the rise in average yield of tax-free money market funds in the U.S. Percentage of increase in average yield; Decline in assets as a result of heavy outflows by retail investors.
- Week's Inflows Drop to $1.26 Billion From $5.22 Billion. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;3/28/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32845, p28
The article reports that the tax-free money market funds declined to $1.26 billion from $5.22 billion in the last week of March 2008 in the U.S. It is indicated that the seven-day average yield for the funds declined to 2.04% which decrease 29 basis points from 2.33%. The overall 1,826 money...
- Flows Fluctuate in Early '14. // Research;Jun2014, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p10
Retail investors committed about $1.6 billion to stock mutual funds in early May, continuing a trend that has been in place for the past few ...
- Tax-Exempts Have Inflows of $439M. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/25/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31913, p6
Reports on the statement by iMoneyNet Inc. that tax-free money market funds in the United States had a net inflow of S438.9 million during the week ended June 21, 2004. Net inflow for retail investors and for institutional funds; Average yield.
- With portfolios bleeding cash, managers look to tax season. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;03/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30841, p7
Reports decline in tax-free money market funds inflows in the United States. Implications for rising cash outflows and yields; Impact of money market funds on pulling investors into stock market; Presentation of tax-free money market funds data.
- Profiting from High Rates. // Time;9/21/1981, Vol. 118 Issue 12, p62
The article reports on the profits earned by small investors and businessmen on the high interest rates in the U.S. Small investors claim of gaining a 17 percent return on its investment in the money market fund. Moreover, companies with large amounts of cash on hand are given the opportunity to...
- Municipal money market fund performance. // Bond Buyer;12/17/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30790, p8
Lists the best- and worst-performing municipal money market funds in the United States based on investment returns. Average rates of return and yield.
- Money market fund myths. Martin, Craig Geoffrey // Finance Week;07/23/99, p36
Debunks money market fund (MMF) myths in South Africa. Includes belief that fees are unimportant; Investment in the MMF offering the highest quoted yield; Absence of chance of capital appreciation or risk. INSET: The formula for the money market yield calculation is..
- Absolute Insight FoF Offers Retail Investors Institutional Mandates. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/5/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 45, p5
The article reports on the Absolute Insight new fund of funds (FoF) that has been launched by Insight Investment which will target returns of cash plus 4%. The fund which is aimed at retail investors, will also provide access to six of the British manager's existing institutional mandates. The...