S.C. Lawmaker Defuses Furor Over Financial Advisers
- Municipal Mindset. Scholl, Dan; Baldt, Dave // Financial Planning;Apr2005, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p159
Offers tips for investors on selecting portfolio managers for municipal bonds. Reasons for the interest of investors in municipal bonds; Objectives of municipal bond-fund managers; Factors which affect the performance of the municipal bond market.
- Handle With Care. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Jul2010, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p73
The article cautions investors of municipal bonds and municipal bond funds about the dangers that could affect these bonds for investors and financial advisors to consider. The three dangers that could affect municipal bonds are spread risk, interest rate risk, and rating risk. Hartford...
- Do your homework before hiring a financial planner for advice. Pandolfi, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/30/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 52, p14
Discusses precautions that investors need to take in order to get the best financial advice available. Need for investors to determine if they actually need a financial planner; Recommendation for investors to seek out fee-based financial planners; Willingness of most investors to learn from...
- Protect yourself. LEAVER, KATE // Money (Australia Edition);Aug2012, Issue 148, p72
The author suggests ways for investors to increase their financial autonomy and perform their own financial advice checks. While waiting for the implementation of the Australian federal government's Future of Financial Advice reforms, which is an effort to restrict financial advisers' capacity...
- The wage of innocence. Eisenberg, Daniel // Time International (South Pacific Edition);6/29/1998, Issue 26, p50
Reports on the increasing number of younger fund managers who are making a name for themselves in the financial industries. Average age of a manager as of 1998; Statistics on the success of various younger managers.
- Investors BEHAVING BADLY. Yam, Doug // CA Magazine;Nov2002, Vol. 135 Issue 9, p26
Focuses on the importance for investors to use the services of a professional financial adviser. Errors committed by self-directed investors; Results of bad investment behavior; Tips on making investment policy statement; Solutions to bad investment behavior.
- An Empirical Examination of the Determinants of Municipal Bond Underwriting Fees. Luby, Martin; Moldogaziev, Tima // Municipal Finance Journal;
The municipal bond market has undergone dramatic changes over the last 20 years. Some of these changes relate to the use and activities of financial intermediaries, including financial advisors and investment banks, both of which have come under increasing scrutiny in light of the Great...
- L.A. Withdraws FA RFPs Claiming Technical Glitch. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;12/10/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34025, p1
The article offers information on the withdrawal of Request for Proposals (RFPs) seeking financial advisors (FA) claiming a technical glitch limited the pool of applicants by city officials of the Los Angeles, California. It informs that the factor in canceling the RFPs was a technical glitch in...
- Susan Gaffney Joins Municipal Advisor Group as Executive Director. Hume, Lynn // Bondbuyer.com;8/14/2015, p1
Susan Gaffney has been hired as executive director of the National Association of Municipal Advisors.