Va. Official Seeks Study of Planned Metro Tunnel
- RETC is here again and it's time for exciting changes with UCA of SME. Petersen, Jeffrey // Mining Engineering;Jun2013, Vol. 65 Issue 6, Special section p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses a report on the history of tunneling and the introduction of new members for the Executive Committee for the Underground Construction Association for the Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration, Krishniah Murthy, Kellie Rotunno,...
- Engineers to develop microtunneling standard. // WaterWorld;May95, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p6
Announces the American Society of Civil Engineers' search for members of a standards committee on construction guidelines for microtunneling. Development of a national consensus standard for safe and efficient use of microtunneling; Contact information.
- Microtunneling. Tubb, Maretta // Underground Construction;Sep99, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p35
Focuses on the microtunneling technology used by Elmore Pipe Jacking Inc. to handle a difficult sewer line installation in Clark County Sanitation District in Las Vegas, Nevada. Aim of the sewer relief project; Background on each phase of the project; Challenges of the construction project.
- Holes Creek Tunnel Project Uses Microtunneling To Install 4,400-Foot Sewer. // Underground Construction;Sep2000, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p10
Deals with the use of microtunneling in the Holes Creek Tunnel Project in Dayton, Ohio. Overview of the open-cut construction design for the project; Installation process; Average drive lengths of the tunnel.
- Ship ahoy! // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/12/95, Vol. 234 Issue 23, p106
Editorials. Comments on the problem posed by indestructible hulls scattered in backwater around America's coastlines to tunnelers. Tunnelers' difficulty in cutting their way through the hull of ship in San Francisco, Calif.; High cost of cutting the buried hulls for disposal.
- Trouble Brewing for Seattle's Deep-Bore Tunnel Project? Rush, Jim // TBM: Tunnel Business Magazine;Aug2010, p6
The article discusses the development of the underground construction with tunnel projects and groundbraking plans to benefit the economy and the society.
- TBMs Large and Small. Rush, Jim // TBM: Tunnel Business Magazine;Feb2011, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the microtunneling project completed by Cruz Contractors in East Boston, Massachusetts and the evolution of large-diameter tunnel boring machines.
- Six Tunnels Under Texas. Paggioli, Kimberly // Pollution Engineering;Oct2006, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p37
The article offers news briefs related to tunnel construction projects in Austin, Texas. Under the city's Clean Water Program (CWP), the final design for Walnut Creek Tunnel interceptor is assigned to national engineering and consulting firm Brown and Caldwell. The Shaol Creek Tunnel Project has...
- NEVADA. // TBM: Tunnel Business Magazine;Oct2013, p36
The article reports on the near completion of the Lake Mead Intake No. 3 Connector Tunnel by Renda Pacific and the new design-build project of Lake Mead Intake No. 3 Shafts and Tunnel by Vegas Tunnel Constructors in Las Vegas, Nevada.