Municipals Rally Behind Weak Economic Data
- Volatile Session Ends With Municipals Down Slightly Due to Inflation Fears. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/17/2005, Vol. 854 Issue 32239, p2
Reports on the condition of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Expectation for the Federal Reserve Board to tighten monetary policy further despite a benign reading on the core consumer price index; Increase in inflation shown in the much-anticipated consumer price index report; Concerns...
- Munis Gain as Treasuries Rally On Deep Plunge in Stock Prices. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;7/22/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31432, p2
Reports bond market developments in the U.S. as of July 2002. Increase marketing activity for municipal bonds; Decline of government earnings report; Growth of the consumer price index.
- Municipals Finish line Little Changed; Players Focus on New Issue-Market. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31926, p2
Reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Assessment of the June consumer price index; Stability of the secondary municipal market activity; Impact of retail sales decline on the bond market.
- Munis Unchanged, But With a Firmer Tone. Scarchilli, Michael; Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;8/15/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32941, p2
The article reports on the lack of change of the municipal market in the U.S. According to a trader in Los Angeles, there is a firmer tone, but not a lot of business. The consumer price index increased by 0.8%. Some gains were shown by The Treasury market and the yield on the benchmark 10-year...
- In Light Trading, Munis Slightly Firmer. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/17/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33167, p2
The article discusses the performance of the municipal bonds market in the U.S. for the week ended August 14, 2009. It notes that in the midst of the secondary trading activity, the municipal market was said to be slightly firmer. Also discussed are activities of several economic data including...
- Market Close: Muni Yields Fall as Treasuries Firm on Inflation Data. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;1/17/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F303, p1
The article focuses on a report which informs about the low inflation of municipal bonds market in the U.S. in 2013. Topics discussed include constancy in consumer price index (CPI), the U.S. Federal Reserve's tapering program and the development of secondary market. It also mentions that the...
- Municipals End Day Little Changed; Illinois Issues $795 Million of GOs. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31844, p2
Focuses on the little change in municipal bonds with multi-million of general obligation bonds in Illinois. Worth of the general obligation bonds; Rate of inflation in the consumer price index; Projection on the economic indicators.
- Munis End Unchanged Despite Morning Rally. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/18/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32530, p2
The article reports on the unchanged condition of the municipal market despite the morning rally on weaker-than-expected November 2006 consumer price index data in the U.S. According to the economic data released on Friday, December 15, overall consumer prices were unaltered in November while...
- New Issues Grab Market Attention As Municipals Firm Up in General. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/18/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31950, p2
Reports developments related to municipal bonds in the U.S. as of August 18, 2004. Stability of the municipal bond market due to the support from the Treasury bills; Decline in the consumer price index according to the Department of Labor; Assessment of other economic indicators that pointed to...