Panel: N.Y. Authorities Need More Oversight
- From Tahrir Square to the Boardroom. Davis, Stephen; Lukomnik, Jon // Compliance Week;Apr2011, Vol. 8 Issue 87, p46
The article explores the developments on overhauling the duties of institutional investors. Governance guru Ira Millstein has led a research project on fiduciary duty at Weil Gotshal and Yale School of Management. British Business Secretary Vince Cable has launched a consultation on long-termism...
- The N.Y. Commission on Public Authority Reform: An Epilogue. Harper Jr., Eugene W. // Bond Buyer;6/19/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32405, p33
The article discusses the report related to governance, operations, and disclosure of the state's public authorities submitted by Ira M. Millstein, chairwoman of the New York State Commission on Public Authority Reform. It focuses on two points which, according to the author deserves tentative...
- Budget shuffle. // Crain's New York Business;4/10/95, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p43
Reports that the shuffle in the New York State Budget Division is an indication of the increased partisanship of the agency under Governor George Pataki and budget director Patricia Woodworth. Demotion of Eric Kuntz as a unit head.
- State faces serious budget shortfalls. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/21/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 47, p3
The article reports that the Division of the Budget of the state of New York has revealed on November 14, 2011 an expected 350 million-dollar state budget deficit for fiscal year 2011 to March 31, 2012 due to the decrease in tax receipts and lower federal funding for some programs.
- Ten years of experience with a performance-based promotional selection and career development... Baugher, Dan; Varanell Jr, Andrew // Public Personnel Management;Winter94, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p551
Describes the experiences of the New York State Division of the Budget from 1984 to 1994 with the decentralized administration of an organizational-based system for selecting and developing employees for promotion. Candidate training and experiences; Job performance on behaviors relevant to...
- Cuomo Appoints Budget Director. Coen, Andrew // Bondbuyer.com;1/12/2015, p1
The article reports on the appointment of Mary Beth Labate, first deputy budget director for New York State Division of the Budget (DOB) as budget director for the DOB.
- Who's watching the watchers? // Across the Board;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p23
Features an interview with Ira Millstein on corporate governance. Changes expected within ten years in corporate governance; Government's role; Differences between 1949 and the present; View on the separation of the offices of the chairman and chief executive officer (CEO); Evaluation of the...
- The Word. // NACD Directorship;Apr/May2008, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p4
The article presents quotes from Weil, Gotshal & Manges senior partner Ira Millstein on the performance of a corporate board of directors, Russian Finance Minister Aleksei Kudrin on the political underlining of sovereign wealth funds and CEO and board adviser Ram Charan on the difficulty of...
- Design Commission launches report into public services. Montgomery, Angus // Design Week (Online Edition);10/ 8/2012, p8
The article offers information on the public services offered by Design Commission in London, England. It mentions that the commission is examining good design practice to improve public services and policy-making. It mentions that the commission wanted to hear suggestions from local authorities...