Coverage For St. Louis Hotel Bonds
- Michigan Senate Weighs Statutory Lien on GO Bonds. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/1/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34387, p1
At a state Senate hearing, Michigan treasury officials pushed back hard against a bill that would give local unlimited-tax general obligation bondholders a statutory lien.
- Meeting Is Set Over Beleaguered St. Louis Hotel Bonds Issued in 2000. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/19/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32363, p40
The article reports that representatives for bondholders, several government entities and others involved in the financing of the construction of the St. Louis' convention center hotels are set to meet to discuss the issue concerning bond payments in Illinois. The meeting will focus entirely on...
- Practice: Hit the jackpot with secure investment. Posner, Nicholas // GP: General Practitioner;11/18/2005, p44
The article reports that premium bonds offer a safe haven for surplus cash, plus a chance to win. One potential problem is that joint or practice ownership of premium bonds is not permitted. The bonds must be bought by individuals up to a maximum of pounds 30,000 each. When the dreaded tax bills...
- Moody's Drops St. Louis Hotel Bonds, Feels Investors Will Take Hit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/11/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33078, p4
The article reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s decision to downgrade the $98 million St. Louis, Missouri convention center hotel bonds from Caa2 to Ca. Moody's explains that the downgrade was due to the forecast that bondholders who now own the hotel will likely incur a loss on their...
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;9/3/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31711, p35
Presents figures pertaining to the issue of bonds in various states of the U.S.
- Muni Insurance Drops Overall, But Is Up Short-Term Market. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;08/07/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30948, p10A
Reports on municipal bond insurance in the United States for the first half of 2000. Penetration of bond insurance in the muni market; Willingness of investors to accept uninsured paper.
- Insurance Sounds a High Note in Otherwise Flat Market, S&P Says. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;04/18/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30873, p32
Reports on positive pricing and credit trends in bond insurance in the United States. Benefits that premium rates get from wider credit quality spreads.
- Bond Insurers' Margin of Safety Is Up, S&P Analyst Says. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;05/11/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30889, p6
Reports on bond insurers' margin of safety in the United States. Adoption of more conservative underwriting standards; Public finance weighted-average capital charges.
- Ruling Could Give Insurers A Loophole. Kinnander, Ola; Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;05/25/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30899, p1
Reports on the controversy in an Alabama Supreme Court decision related to the bond insurance. Establishment of a loophole allowing bond insurers to avoid paying investors in some defaults; Details of the ruling.