THROUGH THE WIRE
- FOR THE RECORD. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;9/13/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p40
The article offers news briefs related to telecommunication, including the access of Verizon Communications FiOs television customers, subscribing to Cinemax, to MaxGo.com and Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers' announcement of speaker lineups for the two upcoming discussion panels at...
- Cinemax Takes Outdoor Film Fest. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;06/19/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p38
Reports on cable network Cinemax's launch of a traveling outdoor film festival in the United States called `Cinemax Summer-Screen.' Motion pictures that will be featured in the festival; Goal to reinforce Cinemax's image as a channel with a wide variety of hit movies.
- Live from France, Cannes fest awards. // Hollywood Reporter;5/23/95, Vol. 337 Issue 19, p6
Reports that the 1995 Cannes Film Festival's Closing Night Awards Ceremony will be broadcast live for the first time in the United States through the Independent Film Channel.
- Film & Arts to bring Cannes film fest to Latin America. Paxman, Andrew // Variety;04/14/97, Vol. 366 Issue 11, p42
Reports that cable television network Film and Arts will broadcast the 1997 Cannes Film Festival to Latin America.
- Verizon Hedges Its Bets. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;1/16/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 3, p39
This article reports that Verizon has struck a deal with Howard County in Maryland to deliver video service. It says that Verizon has negotiated, as part of the deal, a three-year "out" clause with the county. Howard County Cable Administrator says that Verizon insisted on the ability to get out...
- Verizon Watch:. // CableFAX Daily;9/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 185, p2
The article focuses on the issues concerning Verizon Communications Inc. The New York Public Service Commission has confirmed the video franchises of Verizon in the villages of Lynbrook and Mineola on Long Island and in Clarkstown. Meanwhile, Boxborough, Massachusetts has granted the company a...
- Verizon Moves Into Cable TV. Kerschbaumer, Ken; Meyer, Joel // Broadcasting & Cable;9/26/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 39, p4
Reports on the launch of the FiOS fiber-optic cable television service from Verizon in Keller, Texas in September 2005. Fees for subscribing to the service; Television channels offered by the service; Service packages offered by Verizon to subscribers.
- Phone fight. Shields, Todd // Brandweek;4/4/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 14, pSR54
Focuses on the conflict between telecommunication companies and cable operators due to the high-speed fiber line services offered by telephone companies in the U.S. Comment issued by telecommunication company Verizon against cable operators which are against the high-speed fiber line...
- Verizon Sets Live TV iPad App for FiOS. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/23/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p4
The article reports on the new video application of the Verizon FiOS which offers an iPad application that allows subscribers to view a live cable network feeds to the computer tablets of Apple Inc.