Roberts: Voice Isn't 'Critical'
- Roberts: Cable's Winning the Fight. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p37
The article reports on the advantages gained by U.S. cable industry despite the entry of telephone companies in the video market. According to Comcast Corp. chief executive officer Brian Roberts, more than half of its new high-speed Internet customers deserted from less-expensive,...
- Is Comcast Going Non-Linear? // CableFAX Daily;11/28/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 229, p1
The article presents an update on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of November 2005. Television personality Brian Roberts emphasized that customization in television programs will be popular. Comcast has decided to raise its rate by $3 per month starting January 1, 2006.
- Outdoor Channel Gets Comcast Deal. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;1/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p10
Reports the analog and digital carriage deal of Outdoor Channel television network with Comcast Corp. in the United States.
- Comcast gets into PPV-event. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;02/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p24
Provides updates related to pay-per-view (PPV) programming. Plans of Comcast Corp. Original Programming division to produce PPV concerts and events; Goal of Comcast Corp. to generate revenue and promote In Demand brand; Agreement of TVKO with cable and direct-broadcast satellite distributors...
- Basic launch for Philadelphia sports channel. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;09/15/97, Vol. 127 Issue 38, p81
Focuses on Comcast/Spectator's decision to launch its regional sports channel SportsNet for Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-area subscribers as a basic cable network. Reason for the move; Reaction by some cable operators to the move; Features of the SportsNet channel; Comment by Andrew Walton,...
- Comcast's 105 wideband tier in front of 40M homes. // CED;May/Jun2011, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the launch of DOCSIS 3.0-based Extreme 105 tier by Comcast Corp. in April 2011 in the U.S.
- Comcast to start new minority-owned cable channels. // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;2/29/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p4
The article presents information on the launch four new minority-owned cable channels in forthcoming two years by cable operator and home Internet service provider Comcast.
- Scrambled signals in the TV world. Cohen, Warren // U.S. News & World Report;7/25/94, Vol. 117 Issue 4, p43
Examines how Ralph and Brian Roberts, the father-son team which heads Comcast Corp., mounted a surprise takeover of the QVC home shopping network. How the move, which scuttled a CBS-QVC deal, jolted the media and financial worlds; Comcast's offering; Why Comcast's move on QVC may have changed...
- Classic Sports Network inks deal with Comcast. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;03/31/97, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the long-term affiliation contract signed by Classic Sports Network (CSN) with Comcast Corp. Expansion plans for Classic Sports Network; Permission of Comcast to preview CSN on its Sneak Peek channel.