Negotiating New-Media Pitfalls
- WTO REJECTS RUSSIA. Birchenough, Tom // Daily Variety;7/18/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 10, p5
The article reports on the refusal of the World Trade Organization to accept Russia at its summit in Saint Petersburg, Russia. The main reason for the action of the organization is its concern about the lack of protection of intellectual property in the country. The organization is also aware of...
- Cable Center Summit. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/15/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 20, p22
Reports on the First Annual Summit on Intellectual Property and Digital Media that will be held at the Cable Center in Denver, Colorado from May 22 to 23, 2006. Theme of the summit meeting; Topics that will be discussed by OgilvyInteractive executive director of digital innovation Maria Mandel.
- NBCU Wants Piracy Crackdown. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;6/25/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p4
The article reports on video piracy prevention on the Web. NBC Universal (NBCU) urges the federal government to oblige broadband-access providers and cable companies to prevent the spread of pirated videos on the Web. According to NBCU, Federal Communications Commission (FCC) should focus on...
- Study: Piracy hits beyond H'wood. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/8/2005, Vol. 391 Issue 37, p91
The article reports that hoping to put a spotlight on how piracy could stunt the growth of the entire U.S. economy and not just entertainment companies, NBC Universal released an exhaustive study Monday that attributes a large portion of the job, wage and economic growth in the country to...
- Digital Copyright Infringement: An Overview. Squires, Morgan // Australia Points of View: Digital Copyright Infringement;2016, p1
General information regarding digital copyright infringement is presented. The author discusses the effect of the unauthorized sharing of digital media through computer networks on artists and the entertainment industry. Digital rights management (DRM), legal action against illegal file sharing,...
- LEADERSHIP MUSIC DIGITAL SUMMIT. Cronin, Peter // CMA Close Up;Jun/Jul2007, p28
Information about the Leadership Music Digital Summit that was held on April 24, 2007 at Belmont University's Curb Event Center in Nashville, Tennessee is presented. Terry McBride, chief executive officer (CEO) of Nettwerk Music Group, describes in his keynote address the traditional music...
- PIRACY IN RUSSIA AND CHINA: A DIFFERENT U.S. REACTION. Neigel, Connie // Law & Contemporary Problems;Autumn2000, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p179
Focuses on the disparities in the reaction of the United States to copyright piracy in Russia and China. Treatment of intellectual property law; Historical development of copyright system in Russia and China; Accounts on the disparate treatment of the US to piracy in Russia and China.
- Is it safe? Block, Debbie Gallante // EMedia -- The Digital Studio Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p30
Discusses the issue of keeping Web- and disc-based content safe from piracy. Options available; Discussion on the cases of peer-to-peer file sharing service Napster and the DeCSS code; Statistics of software piracy.
- CORRELATES OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY VIOLATION. Ronkainen, Ilkka A.; Guerrero-Cusumano, Jose-Luis // Multinational Business Review (St. Louis University);Spring2001, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p59
Intellectual property violation is the single most significant threat to the competitiveness of international firms. The primary purpose of this study is to propose set of possible determinants of intellectual property violation followed by an examination of their ability to explain it. These...