Taking Stock, Building Strategy
- Making Diversity a Reality. Jessamy, Howard T. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jan2000, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p67
Offers information on the 1999 study `Diversity in Healthcare Leadership,' conducted by Witt/Kieffer, Ford, Hadelman, and Lloyd. Healthcare executive behaviors and attitudes toward diversity; How the number of minority senior finance executives can be increased; Areas where minority candidates...
- FIRMS EXPERIENCING TAKEOVERS SEE DROP IN NUMBERS OF FEMALE AND ETHNIC MINORITY STAFF. Urwin, Peter; Buscha, Franz // People Management;11/15/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p52
The article deals with a study that investigated the extent to which work-life balance programs affected ethnic and gender diversity. The Workplace Employment Relations Surveys (WERS) suggest that between 1998 and 2004 the proportion of non-white people in the British labour force increased by...
- MOST ADMIRED Companies for MINORITY. Taborn, Tyrone D. // U.S. Black Engineer & Information Technology;Fall2007, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p15
The article cites a survey about the most admired companies of minority professionals conducted by U.S. Black Engineer & Information Technology. The survey shows that employees look for corporations that promote professional growth, opportunity, and development. Moreover, the survey explores the...
- Strong equality policies key to retaining talent. // Personnel Today;5/1/2007, p4
The article reports on a survey conducted to Vodafone UK Ltd.'s 1,500 workers and 500 employers in Great Britain. Results revealed the need for equality policies for female employees and minority groups to help attract and retain staff. It is inferred that financial loss in 2006 were associated...
- Diversity efforts growing slowly on Vegas Strip. Hare, David // Las Vegas Business Press;8/27/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p1
Reports the futility of the effort to employ a number of minorities in the gaming industry in Las Vegas, Nevada. Insufficiency of minority contractors at MGM Grand Inc.; Categories of gaming properties and Strip hotels in terms of diversity; Existence of diversity training programs.
- Five things I've learned... TONAGH, PETER // B&T Magazine;Oct/Nov2016, Issue 2818, p016
The article enumerates five things that Peter Tonagh, chief executive officer (CEO) of Foxtel Cable Television Pty Ltd., have learned, including not to underestimate the value of a deep partnership, the joys of diversity and to be positive and optimistic.
- Event-Filled September Has Cable Folks Racking Up Miles. Gibbons, Kent; Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/22/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 35, p32
The article offers information on several conferences held in September 2014 in New York including the Women in Cable & Telecommunications Leadership Conference, the National Association of Minorities in Communications conference and the Walter Kaitz Foundation dinner. The topics discussed...
- Symonds Says…. Symonds, Curtis // CableFAX Daily;8/22/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 162, p4
The author reflects on the issue of diversity in the cable television industry in the U.S. He wants to know whether there is any company in the industry is a model of diversity. He also questions the hiring of minorities in the industry. He said that why do diversity advocates get honored while...
- Top Talent Need Apply. // Black Enterprise;Jul2009, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p10
The article introduces a report on the 40 Best Companies for Diversity in 2009, based on BE Research's survey of the largest publicly traded corporations and 50 international businesses with significant operations in the U.S.