House Panel Approves Net Neutrality
- Communications Law Bulletin, October 2007. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2007 Q4, p1
The article discusses the recent developments in U.S. communications law. The U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has adopted an order banning exclusive deals for cable service to multiple dwelling units (MDU). The U.S. House Commerce Committee approved bills addressing broadband...
- The Sky Is Falling. Petersen, George // Mix;Apr2007, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p32
The article discusses the possible impact to the audio industry of two bills that would allocate frequencies to wireless broadband devices in the U.S. The Federal Communications Commission plans to open wireless Internet to new markets. If the bills are approved, the industry is going to be...
- House Energy and Commerce Committee Members Oppose TCPA Proposal. // Collector (0010082X);Jan2011, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p33
The article focuses on the opposition of members of the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee, through a bipartisan letter led by Representatives Jim Matheson and Lee Terry, on a rule proposed by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) that would prohibit the use of autodialers to contact...
- Subcommittee told no technical barriers to CALEA compliance. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/13/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p16
Reports on the decision of the U.S. House telecommunications subcommittee on the appeal made by wireless carriers regarding compliance with the Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act (CALEA) of 1994. Basis of the committee's decision; Provision of the policy.
- Wireless Broadband Gets Added Luster With New Legislation, FCC Moves. // Telecom Policy Report;4/17/2006, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the proposed American Broadband for Communities Act in the U.S. House and Senate governing the use of white spaces on television channels. Initiatives of the Federal Communications Commission to promote wireless access; Support of the Telecommunications Industry Association to the...
- House panel to grill ftiU FCC on range of topics. Martinez, Jennifer; Sasso, Brendan // Hill;7/9/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 85, p18
The article informs that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will testify at a hearing of the U.S. House Energy Commerce subcommittee on communications and technology.
- House Committee Widens E-Rate Probe. // American Libraries;Sep2003, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p13
Reports on the decision of the U.S. House Committee on Energy and Finance to widen its investigation on fraud and abuse in the electronic rate (e-rate) program by several companies in the U.S. Reason for increasing the investigation on the e-rate fraud; Role of the U.S. Federal Communications...
- Dueling Proposals Complicate Auction. Rockwell, Mark; Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;4/29/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the proposals that complicate the 700 megahertz frequency spectrum auction of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Details of the proposed legislation of the U.S. House Commerce Committee to stop the auction; Bill introduced by U.S. Senator Ted Stevens (R.- Alaska) to proceed...
- House panel examines FCC operations, actions. Sasso, Brendan // Hill;3/5/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p15
The article reports that the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee will be conducting an investigation of the operations of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in 2012.