CABLE OPS SEE A WIN-WIN SCENARIO
- ITV's reluctance to try digital satellite does it no favours. Beale, Claire // Campaign (UK);01/28/2000, Issue 4, p18
Critiques the plan of ITV to reduce its peak-time audience targets in 2000 and its refusal to place the channel on the digital satellite platform. New targets recognizing the growth of multi-channel television; Reasons for ITV's absence from the digital satellite platform.
- Cable puts emotion into its satellite fight. Pendleton, Jennifer // Advertising Age;4/16/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 16, ps3
The article reports on the competition between direct broadcast satellite television and digital cable in the U.S. Both had an increase in subscribers in 2000. The advantage of digital cable is that many homes already use cable television. Now, cable companies are tying to regain customers by...
- Research of Digital TV Public Cultural Information Service System Based on DBS. HaihuaXu; Liping Liu; Baichuan Liu // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Vol. 1014, p383
In the existing digital TV platform based on direct broadcast satellite, using the idle repeater resources, digital TV intelligent operating system and the core technology of middleware can present multiple functions such as broadcast TV, cable TV network etc. in one terminal without increasing...
- Antarctica TV? Rigual, Luis R.; Bustos, Sergio R. // Latin Trade (English);Sep98, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p18
Reports on the availability of DIRECTV satellite service from Galaxy Latin America in Antarctica.
- In Asia, it's battle of the broadbands. Halligan, Fionnuala // Variety;3/13/95, Vol. 358 Issue 6, p46
Focuses on the competition between the cable television networks Star TV and MTV in Asia. Star TV's Channel V's reinvention of strategy; MTV Asia's launching of two channels from its base in Singapore.
- DirecTV boosts Eye on People. Richmond, Ray // Variety;07/21/97, Vol. 367 Issue 11, p21
Reports on satellite television broadcaster DirecTV's addition of CBS Eye on People cable network.
- Digital Stream into Italy. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Variety;04/13/98, Vol. 370 Issue 9, p25
Focuses on the start of digital satellite television broadcasting of the Stream company in Italy. Details on the digital satellite broadcasting; Information on Stream company; Comment from director Tomaso Lazzari.
- Satellite Systems. // Consumer Reports Buying Guide;1999, p38
Discusses the issues to consider in selecting small-dish satellite-television systems among DSS, Dish Network and Primestar.
- NAT'L GEO'S STAMPEDE. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;01/10/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 27, p15
Focuses on the launching of the cable and satellite network National Geographic Channel in the United States. Factor influencing the launch of the domestic operation; Contribution of the firm Weller/Grossman Productions; Plans of incorporating original and acquired editions for the series.