Distant-Net Subs Cut Off
- EchoStar 2nd-Qtr. Revenue Up 18%. Malester, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;8/22/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p49
This article reports on the financial performance of EchoStar Communications in the second quarter of 2005. The satellite television provider hiked total revenue 18 percent during the quarter, coming in at $2.1 billion, up from a year-ago $1.8 billion. Net income for the three months, ended June...
- SATELLITE SERVICES. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;1/8/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p19
The article focuses on the video-on-demand offerings proposed by broadcast satellite services providers DirecTV Inc. and Echostar Communications Corp.'s Dish Network to compete with cable television providers in the U.S. DirecTV has proposed to launch its video-on-demand download service called...
- STEALING SUBS. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p1
The article reports on subscriber losses at major direct-broadcast satellite TV providers in the U.S. The number of subscribers gained by EchoStar Communications Corp. is cited. The remarks of EchoStar chairman Charlie Ergen on cable retention efforts are presented. The reasons behind subscriber...
- Dish Network Freezes Prices. Latchem, John // Home Media Magazine;1/13/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on the plan of EchoStar Communications to freeze the prices of the packages of its Dish Network satellite service until 2009. The plan comes following a 5% drop in shares due to an economic slowdown. The company intends to offer three months of free programming to new...
- Dish Net adds $1 to all-day Dolby tab. Hogan // Multichannel News;09/20/99, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p32
Reports on United States-based satellite television firm EchoStar Communications Corp.'s decision to increase the rates for its pay-per-view movies on Dolby Digital Surround Sound format. Pricing policy of rival DirecTV Inc.
- Breaking the Family Dishes: DBS Tiering Up. // CableFAX Daily;1/19/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p1
The article presents updates on direct broadcast satellite services in the U.S. as of January 2006. DirecTV plans to offer one out of 40 channels to its 15 million customers in April 2006. EchoStar plans to make its family tier available to its 12 million subscribers.
- Telecom deals do little for satellite firms. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/26/2005, Vol. 390 Issue 9, p9
This article reports that with the second-quarter earnings season in full swing, some on Wall Street are suggesting that satellite TV giants DirecTV Group Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. might be losing some subscriber momentum amid weaker user additions from telecommunications partners....
- EchoStar Reports Boosted Revenues As Dish Network Adds Subscribers. // Satellite News;8/13/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 32, p7
The article reports on the increase in subscriptions and total revenue of EchoStar Communications Corp., parent company of Dish Network satellite TV, for the second quarter of 2007. EchoStar has posted revenues of $2.76 billion or an 11.9% increase for the quarter compared to the same period in...
- Studios Fret DirecTV's PPV-Price Hike. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;08/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p24
Speculates on the impact of the increase in pay-per-view movie prices on the revenues of DirecTV Inc. Possibility of the transfer of viewers to cable television; Reduction of the profits of DirecTV.