HSBC's I-Bank Ache
- HSBC's disappearance from the high street could be a good move as consumer perceptions slump. Vizard, Sarah // Marketing Week (Online Edition);6/9/2015, p7
The article assesses plans to change the Hongkong and Shanghai Bank Corp. (HSBC) brand. It makes reference to the announcement of Stuart Gulliver, chief executive officer of HSBC, on June 9, 2015 to leave the highstreet of London, England. It discusses issues that plagued the brand including...
- WORLD'S BEST TREASURY PROVIDERS 2007. Hawser, Anita // Global Finance;Mar2007, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p28
The article presents the world's best banks and treasury management software providers in 2007. Citigroup Inc.'s on-going technology investment, product innovation and standardization of Citigroup continues to yield. The Global Transaction Banking business of Deutsche Bank AG has been highly...
- STEPHEN GREEN. Blackhurst, Chris // Management Today;May2006, p34
The article presents an interview with Stephen Green, executive chairman of Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corp. Ltd. (HSBC). Green shares his experience of working with McKinsey & Co. He says that HSBC will grow and undergo change, but it will be according to the same fundamental continuities that...
- More upheaval in stockbroking. Jones, Llewellyn // Finance Week;6/23/2003, p15
Focuses on challenges facing international banking group, Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corp. Ltd. (HSBC) in South Africa. Retrenchment of staff members; Resignation of Robyn O'Leary as head of research; Speculation that HSBC could follow the lead of Societe Generale and ING Barrings out of...
- International banks target Middle East. Ford, Neil // Middle East;Aug/Sep2005, Issue 359, p46
The article focuses on the facts that increasing numbers of international banks are moving into commercial and banking operations in the Middle East region, taking advantage of new liberalisation laws. The decision of Great Britain-based banking giant Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corp. Ltd. to...
- Argentine Farmers Bank on Local Market. Ossa, Felipe // Bank Loan Report;11/25/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p1
Reports that Hong Kong Shanghai Banking (HSBC) Corp. is working on a deal in Argentina backed by agricultural loans.
- HSBC uses symbols to stake global bank claim. Koranteng, Juliana // Advertising Age International;06/14/99, p3
Reports on Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corp.'s (HSBC) use of visual symbols in its global rebranding campaign. Print and television advertising created by Lowe and Partners Worldwide; Targeted market; Launching of television commercials in about 40 countries in June 1999.
- Hongkong and Shanghai Bank planning to expand in Chinese industrial cities. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;4/14/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 71, p30
Reports on Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corp.'s plans to increase the number of its offices in China as soon as Chinese regulators grant additional licenses. Affiliate bank of Hongkong and Shanghai in China; Opening of Bank of Boston Corp.'s representative office in Shanghai; Expected impact...
- HSBC's On-Line Homecoming. Adams, John // Bank Technology News;Feb2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the move of Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corp. (HSBC) to bring electronic banking (e-banking) in China. Influence of (HSBC) around the world; Introduction of high technology on the firm's business; Details on the personal e-banking services offered by banks to its customers.