- Charter Course. Gillespie, Nick // Reason;Mar2000, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p5
Deals with the impact of the voucher program on Ohio's charter school system. Effect of the program in advancing religion through government-supported religious indoctrination; Reasons as to why the charter school system in Ohio has been patronized dramatically from 1992 to 1999; Problems...
- Public knows little about vouchers, charter schools according to new national survey. // Reading Today;Apr/May2000, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p19
Discusses the results of the survey `On Thin Ice: How Advocates and Opponents Could Misread the Public's Views on Vouchers and Charter Schools' conducted in the United States. Public knowledge about vouchers and charter schools; Percentage of those in favor of charter schools.
- The Evolution of Standards, Charters, and Finance. Pipho, Chris // Phi Delta Kappan;Nov99, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p181
Reports changes on a state level in educational standards, charters, and finance. Example of a Colorado referendum to increase accountability of parents through an increase in property taxes tied to test scores; Role of charter schools and difficulties they face in gaining approval; Increased...
- School choice and charter schools. Collins, Christopher // Independent School;Winter2000, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on charter schools and the considerations in using educational vouchers in the United States. Components of educational vouchers; Legislation authorizing the creation of charter schools.
- Making Choice Work. Scherer, Marge // Educational Leadership;Apr2002, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p5
Addresses various issues associated with vouchers and charter schools in the U.S. Focus of a comprehensive study conducted by RAND Education; Analysis of the performance of students in choice schools; Recommendations for policymakers to maximize the benefits and minimize the harm associated...
- Analysts: Though Still in Their Infancy, Charter Schools Have a Bright Future. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;05/18/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30894, p6
Discusses the possible impact of the growth of charter schools in the United States on existing education financing practices. Increase in media attention being paid to charter schools and voucher programs; Major challenges facing charter schools planning on obtaining financing from the...
- Gathering of Mayors Focuses on Vouchers, Charter Schools. White, Kerry A. // Education Week;11/03/99, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p5
Focuses on issues on tuition vouchers and charter schools in the Unites States. Concerns over voucher cost; How the city's voucher program works; Significance of the role of charter schools.
- Legislators, parents examine public school options. Russell, Judi // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/03/99, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p4
Reports on some educational options as alternatives to public schools in Louisiana. Voucher school program; Charter schools; Tuition lottery grants; Legislation by State Senator Thomas Greene on vouchers; Arguments against the options; Comparison of the proposed options; Performance of public...
- Two Cleveland Voucher Schools Plan Rebirth With Charter Status. Archer, Jeff // Education Week;07/14/99, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p20
Discusses the defunct voucher schools and their rebirth into charter schools in Cleveland, Ohio. Comments from David Brennan, a businessman, who founded private schools to serve students in Cleveland's voucher program; Requirements of the state's 1997 charter law; Why running a charter school...