Why Do We Let So Many Die From Malaria?
- The President's Malaria Initiative: A Great (GOP) Success Story. Green, Mark // Ripon Forum;Spring2012, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p8
In this article, the author focuses on the President's Malaria Initiative (PMI), a campaign launched by the former U.S. President George Bush, targeting fifteen African countries. The Initiative was overseen by a U.S. Global Malaria Coordinator and an interagency steering group representing...
- Bush climate goals don't impress. Snyder, Jim // Hill;4/17/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p8
The article reports on the failure of U.S. President George W. Bush to impress environmentalists through his greenhouse gas emissions proposal.
- Memorandum on Designation of Officers of the United States Agency for International Development to Act as Administrator. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;12/15/2008, Vol. 44 Issue 49, p1510
The article presents the memorandum by U.S. President George W. Bush for the Administrator of the U.S. Agency for International Development. According to the memorandum, officers of the agency shall act as and perform the functions and duties of the office of the Administrator during any period...
- Remarks in a Discussion With Training, Internships, Exchanges, and Scholarships Program Recipients in Merida. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;3/19/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p328
The article discusses the experiences of Mexican scholarship program recipients they shared at a discussion with U.S. President George W. Bush in Merida, Mexico on March 14, 2007. One scholar details the time he spent in the U.S. for the scholarship provided by the U.S. Agency for International...
- Side Show. Meadows, Susannah; Begun, Bret; Stefanakos, Victoria Scanlan; Gordon, Devin // Newsweek;7/24/2000, Vol. 136 Issue 4, p6
Addresses a Texas court case involving a group of environmentalists arguing that Governor George W. Bush violated their rights when state police arrested them for 'obstructing' the sidewalk.
- Ever Green. Gibbs, Nancy // Time;5/5/2008, Vol. 171 Issue 18, p13
This article discusses the history of Earth Day. Its initial radicalism is contrasted with its current character, described as so mainstream that the oil company Chevron and U.S. President George W. Bush have participated in it. The changing nature of environmental threats, from lead paint and...
- US-flag carriers fight PL-480 change. Edmonson, R. G. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);4/4/2005, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p38
Reports on the proposal of U.S. President George W. Bush to move an amount in the 2006 budget between accounts in the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to let aid organizations buy food closer to a disaster area rather than shipping it from the U.S., as of April 2005. Criticisms...
- Memorandum on Assignment of Functions Implementing the HELP Commission Act. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;12/13/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 50, p2927
Presents the memorandum by U.S. President George W. Bush on the assignment of functions implementing the HELP Commission Act, delivered on December 8, 2004. Responsibilities of the Secretary of State and the Administrator of the U.S. Agency for International Development.
- The New Bush Politics of Aid. Wolverson, Roya // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);9/17/2007 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 150 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on the reduction of funds for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) in the 2008 budget proposal from the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush. The money would be redirected to another State Department aid fund, but critics say the move would gut the...