In Colorado, County Commissioners Sign Off on Springs Toll Road Plan
- Drivers Wanted: Agency Lowers Toll on Road. // San Diego Business Journal;6/4/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p3
The article reports on the decision of the San Diego Association of Governments board to vote to lower tolls on the underutilized South Bay Expressway, which serves as a major link between the factories immediately south in Baja California to U.S. markets.
- Selling Toll Roads Can Make Sense. Poole Jr., Robert W. // Orange County Business Journal;04/03/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p43
Comments on the aborted sale of the 91 Express Lanes toll road project in Orange County, California. Examples of toll road sales transactions; Reasons for the government's shift to private toll roads; Details of the project.
- Public-private partnership slashes commute times in half. // San Diego Business Journal;3/3/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 9, Special section p6
The article features the South Bay Expressway in San Diego, California. The region's toll road was opened to traffic on November 19, 2007. It is a 10-mile highway that completes the missing link in San Diego's transportation network. The Expressway runs from State Route 54 in Spring Valley to...
- Tampa-Hillsborough Agency Opens Reversible-Lanes Toll Road. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/24/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32429, p3
The article reports on Tampa-Hillsborough Expressway Authority's opening of its nine-mile-long reversible lanes toll road. It is a 420 million dollar bond-financed project believed to be the first of its kind in the state of Florida. The Expressway Authority is seeking proposals from...
- Taking the Longview. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/29/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32455, p27
The article reports on a proposed project that would connect four counties through toll roads for $1 billion in Longview, Texas. According to the planning and development director for the Texas Department of Transportation Randy Redmond, the project would become more favorable as growth in the...
- Finding the common ground. Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;9/26/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p4
Comments on the plans of Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) in finding a common ground with the voters in the U.S. Proposition of RTA on establishing a freeway; Additional costs in obtaining right of way; Statement of the author about his views regarding the transportation plans.
- Express to success. Wilson, Bill // Roads & Bridges;Sep2000, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p50
Reports on Florida's first open-road tolling facility using the E-PASS electronic toll collection transponder system. Road project of the Orlando-Orange County Expressway Authority, which operates tolled highways in Central Florida; Forest Lake Main Toll Plaza's design meant to safely achieve...
- End of road for state tollway extensions? Knapp, Kevin // Crain's Chicago Business;02/14/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p3
Reports the rejection of the proposed highway system expansion of the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority. Plans of Governor George Ryan to reduce toll booths; Reconstruction of the existing highway system; Opposition against the reduction of tolls; Elimination of tollway authority.
- Orange County Tollway Authorities Agree to Delay Proposed Bailout. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/17/2005, Vol. 854 Issue 32239, p1
Reports that the boards of the Foothill/Eastern Transportation Corridor Agency and the San Joaquin Hills Transportation Corridor Agency have delayed action on a proposal for the financially stronger of the two highways to provide financial assistance to the weaker in Orange County, California....