Puerto Rico GDB Approves $741M Loan, $675M of GOs
- GDB adds $400 million to upcoming IVU bonds. Marquez, Carlos // Caribbean Business;6/14/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p6
The article reports on the plan of Government Development Bank for Puerto Rico (GDB) to add $400 million the amount of sales-tax-revenue bonds in Puerto Rico. As part of the plan, a component of the $4 billion Public Finance Corporation (PFC) debt and the $2.8 billion in GDB loans are to be...
- BayamÃ³n's debt surpasses $200 million. Santana, Mario // Caribbean Business;7/15/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 27, p41
The article reports on the 203 million U.S. dollars debt of BayamÃ³n, Puerto Rico with the Government Development Bank for Puerto Rico (GDB) for fiscal year 2010.
- Construction set, thanks to GDB. Casellas, Carmen T. // Caribbean Business;10/24/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p38
Reports on the Government Development Bank's disbursement of funds to Puerto Rico municipalities for reconstruction of structures damaged by Hurricane Hortense. Amount of loans; Municipal ordinance requesting money and mayor's signature on documents.
- Puerto Rico Makes All GDB Debt Service Due. Slavin, Robert // Bondbuyer.com;12/1/2015, p23
The article reports on the announcemnet of Puerto Rico that it had paid all $354 million in debt service, due December 1, 2015, on Government Development Bank notes.
- Moody's Downgrades Puerto Rico GOs to Caa1; COFINA to B3/Caa1. // Bond Buyer;2/20/2015, p1
Moody's Investors Service has downgraded the commonwealth of Puerto Rico's general obligation bonds and guaranteed debt to Caa1 from B2, its Sales Tax Financing Corporation (COFINA) senior and subordinate bonds, respectively, to B3 and Caa1 from Ba3 and B1, and the notes of the Government...
- Puerto Rico Tax-Backed Debt Downgraded To 'CC'. // Bond Buyer;9/11/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F335, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services lowered its ratings on the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico's tax-backed debt to 'CC' from 'CCC-' and removed the ratings from CreditWatch, where they had been placed with negative implications July 20. The outlook is negative.
- Puerto Rico GO Debt Remains Vulnerable Despite Payment: S&P. // Bond Buyer;12/4/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F346, p1
Puerto Rico general obligation debt (CC/Negative) continues to remain highly vulnerable to default, in Standard & Poor's Ratings Services' view, despite payment in full by the Government Development Bank for Puerto Rico (GDB) of $354 million in scheduled debt service on Dec. 1, including $267...
- Public debt as a strategy to enhance Puerto Rico's competitiveness. Valentin-Mari, Jeffry // Caribbean Business;5/25/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p35
Discusses the function by Puerto Rico's Government Development Bank (GDB) of issuing public debt for economic development. Use of GDB loans; Government's laws on public debt; Gross public debt in 1999; Total obligations in 1999 by municipalities, central government and public corporations; Debt...
- Borrowing for progress. Garza, Daniel R. // Caribbean Business;3/30/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p22
Features the Government Development Bank for Puerto Rico. Amount of the island's total public debt and its ratio to the gross national product; Management of the agency's portfolio of projects; Payments by and benefits for future generations of the projects. INSETS: Healthy debt.;Public debt...