L.A. Agency Approves TIF Plans to Lure Football Back to City
- Unique plan developed to improve hotel's fortunes. Seal, Kathy // Hotel & Motel Management;5/24/93, Vol. 208 Issue 9, p34
Reports on Los Angeles, California City Council's approval of a lease agreement between the financially troubled Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel and the Los Angeles Community Redevelopment Agency (LACRA). Agreement of LACRA to prepay six years rent for office space of the adjoining building owned by...
- City reports: Los Angeles. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p42
Reports on the formation of a partnership between the Los Angeles, California Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) and local community organizers for the building of housing for low- and middle-income residents. Provisions; Services offered; Role of city leaders.
- L.A. agency's issue reaps benefits from downtown rebound. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;11/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30273, p40
Reports that the Los Angeles City Community Redevelopment Agency has sold off $93.3 million of tax allocation refunding bonds for its Central Business District redevelopment agency project on November 13, 1997. Market analysts' prediction that investors would see the bonds as a good buy; Rating...
- Springtime comes to the cold war. Howard, Lucy; Koehl, Carla // Newsweek;4/8/1996, Vol. 127 Issue 15, p8
Relates that the Community Redevelopment Agency in Los Angeles, California is commissioning artists to use the air-raid sirens around the city as the basis for art. How revamping the 200 sirens, which were put up in the 1950s and disconnected in 1985, will be backed by $20,000 in grants to...
- Negotiations Begin On Proposed NoHo Stage Complex. DeSalvo, Kathy // SHOOT;04/30/99, Vol. 40 Issue 17, p7
Reports that the Los Angeles Community Redevelopment Agency in California has decided to begin the negotiations on the proposed construction of a studio-complex in North Hollywood. Total area of the proposed studio-complex; Features; Prospective construction company to undertake the project.
- POINTS OF PROGRESS. Whitfield, Cyn René // Point of Beginning;Feb2010, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p22
The article informs that with the help of mobile mapping technology, the Community Redevelopment Agency of the City of Los Angeles (CRA/LA) has brightened the chances of economic development in Los Angeles, California. It is stated that CRA/LA is a public agency promoting community growth and...
- L.A. Sued for Housing Discrimination. // New Mobility;Mar2012, Vol. 23 Issue 222, p9
The article reports on the suit filed by the three independent advocacy groups against the city of Los Angles, California and the city's Community Redevelopment Agency, alleging that certain housing complexes built with federal and local funds were not accessible to people with disabilities.
- L.A. city council may take control of agency's debt. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;01/25/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30564, p39
Reports that the Los Angeles City Council in California is considering a proposal to take over the city's Community Redevelopment Agency and assume its $630 million debt load. Study on the potential effects of the takeover; Criticisms on the planned takeover.
- Two Los Angeles issuers team up to help rescue downtown project. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;11/10/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30270, p2
Details the partnership of Los Angeles Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) and Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) for a downtown redevelopment project. Revenue bonds issued to CRA and MTA for 1993; Provisions under the original deal on the project.