MSRB Concerned About Derivatives Consultants
- IRS Auditing Bonds from Colorado, Nevada Issuers. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;3/20/2015, Vol. 1, p1
Issuers in Colorado and Nevada separately disclosed this week that the Internal Revenue Service is conducting routine audits of bonds they issued in 2006.
- California Issuer May Pay About $1.73 Million in VCAP Settlement. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;7/28/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34150, p1
The article reports that an accountant hired by the Long Beach Community College (LBCC) District in California has estimated that it has to pay 1.73 million dollars to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) under its voluntary closing agreement program (VCAP) settlement. Topics discussed...
- Bell, Calif. Pays $257,000 IRS Fine, Retains Tax Exempt Status on $35M GOs. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;12/1/2014, Issue 34218, p1
Officials of Bell, Calif., the Los Angleles-area city where the former administration was jailed earlier this year for misappropriation of funds, said the tax-exempt status of $35 million in general obligation bonds that came under review by the Internal Revenue Service has been preserved.
- Coming Soon: Electronic BAB Subsidies. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;9/14/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33182, p1
The article reports on the announcement by Internal Revenue Service (IRS) director Clifford Gannett that issuers of direct-pay Build America Bonds (BAB) will be able to receive their subsidy payments from the U.S. Treasury Department electronically starting in 2010. He stresses that his team...
- IRS Audits Bonds in Virginia; Other Audits Closed. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;2/09/2015, Vol. 1, p1
An issuer in Virginia recently disclosed an Internal Revenue Service audit of bonds it issued in 2006, and a borrower in Indiana and an issuer in Pennsylvania disclosed that the IRS has closed audits of their bonds.
- IRS Closes Audit of East Baton Rouge, La., Issuer. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;11/12/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34010, p1
The article informs that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service has closed an audit of about 171 million U.S. dollars of bonds issued by the East Baton Rouge, Louisiana Sewerage Commission in 2006 without changing the bonds' tax-exempt status. It informs that the Commission has disclosed the...
- IRS: Some of Scottsdale, Ariz. MPC’s 2013 Refunding Bonds Taxable. Hume, Lynn // Bondbuyer.com;8/13/2015, p1
The Internal Revenue Service claims that some of the bonds issued in 2013 by the Scottsdale, Ariz., Municipal Property Corp. to refinance the term of a lease for a garage are taxable.
- Issuer in Texas Settles With IRS Over Jail Bonds. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;8/15/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F331, p1
The article informs that Fannin County Public Facility Corp. in Texas has agreed to pay 1.75 million U.S. dollars to settle a tax law violations suit with the Internal Revenue Service to redeem all of the outstanding bonds from the 30.78 million U.S. dollars it issued in 2008 to finance a jail...
- Seeking "the SEC's Full Protection": A Critique of the New Frontier in Municipal Securities Enforcement. Guidotti, Maggie // University of Chicago Law Review;Fall2015, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p2045
The author reflects on the U.S. legislative framework concerning municipal securities market. Topics discussed include the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) activity in the municipal securities market, need of analysis of the SEC's invasive role in public finance, the U.S. Internal...