- COW BOSS. PARKER, JAMESON // Texas Sporting Journal;Nov/Dec2012, p84
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of an evening when he found a shotgun made by Boss & Co. Gunmakers Ltd. in an old-fashioned canvas slip-case.
- THE FIFTY BEST SHOT GUNS EVER MADE. Bourjaily, Phil // Field & Stream;Dec2007/Jan2008, Vol. 112 Issue 8, p90
The article offers information about the specifications of the 50 best shotguns ever made. The Purdey side-by-side game gun was built by James Purdey and Sons Ltd. of London, England. It is stated that Remington 870 is as reliable and durable as its costlier competitors and is the best-selling...
- Prince Charles is right to be dejected by the departure of Mark Bolland. Without his spin-doctor, the prince risks revealing that he is as adept at public relations as his father. Platell, Amanda // New Statesman;1/13/2003, Vol. 132 Issue 4620, p34
Offers celebrity-related news briefs. British public relations expert Mark Bolland's resignation from his post as deputy private secretary to the Prince Charles of Wales; Ban by Madonna of her husband Guy Ritchie from hunting at their Wiltshire country mansion in Great Britain; Sarah Ferguson's...
- More movies this summer. PUSCHMANN, KARL // Metro (NZ);Jan/Feb2012, Issue 360, p133
The article reviews several films, including "The Artist," "War Horse," directed by Steven Spielberg, and "Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows," directed by Guy Ritchie.
- New game on 57th: Rifles and RTW. Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/13/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 93, p16
Reports that Holland & Holland will be opening a store in New York, N.Y. Description of the store; Scheduled opening of the store; Comment by Alan Drach, chief executive officer; Information on Holland & Holland; Manufacture of guns at Holland & Holland; Prices of handmade sporting weapons;...
- Charles to be understudy king as `marriage of the century' ends. MacLeod, Alexander // Christian Science Monitor;7/17/96, Vol. 88 Issue 162, p7
Reports that Prince Charles is taking the role of `understudy king' as part of efforts to regain public confidence in the British monarchy. Terms and financial consequences of Charles's divorce settlement with Princess Diana; Public opinion concerning the job of Queen Elizabeth II; Treatment of...
- Prince eyes a home in former war zone. Woodard, Colin // Christian Science Monitor;8/16/96, Vol. 88 Issue 184, p8
No abstract available.
- Prince Charles... // U.S. News & World Report;7/11/94, Vol. 117 Issue 2, p21
Comments that Prince Charles admitted that he had been faithful in his marriage to Princess Diana, from whom he separated in 1992, until the union became irretrievably broken down. He also said he would like to extend the monarch's symbolic leadership beyond the Church of England to all of...
- All in the (royal) family. Bellafante, Ginia // Time;3/15/1993, Vol. 141 Issue 11, p77
Discusses how and possibly why Britain's Prince Charles is scaling back on polo to spend time with his children. Severing ties to polo manager Ronald Ferguson, father of Fergie and major subject of raunchy bio.