Oil and Africa
- 3D speculative seismic contractors adapt to low price environment. Schmidt, Victor // Offshore;Jun99, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p50
Reports that competition among oil and gas operators in the Gulf of Mexico has been replaced by seismic contractor. Reason for the decline of the global seismic market demand between 1998 and 1999; Details on the deepwater leases bought by oil companies in 1999; Forms of a step change in...
- Nigeria has released six `Outer Deepwater' blocks. Akani, Fred // Offshore;Aug96, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p26
Reports on the Nigerian Department of Petroleum Resources' call on transnational oil companies to take up the six newly carved out leases located south and west of the existing 20 blocks leased out earlier. Water depth at which the new leases are located; Shell and Exxon's deepwater campaigns...
- New drilling would destroy 6,300 acres, regulators say. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p12
Reports the environmental impact of oil and gas development in the Eastern Gulf of Mexico. Statement released by the United States Minerals Management Service on the oil and gas lease sale in the gulf; Impact of oil drilling on Louisiana wetlands; Proposal for an environmental stipulations on...
- Duma deliberations delay progress on Sakhalin development. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;Nov98, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p178
Part I. Discusses the delays in the licensing of oil and gas exploration in Sakhalin Island. Reserve levels; Details on Sakhalin I and II oil and gas exploration site; Information on the consortium investing in the exploration; Complaints of the investors during the Second Sakhalin Oil and Gas...
- NFPA 54 review ends April 13. // LP/Gas;Apr99, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on a public review that is being conducted on certain sections of the NFPA 54 code in the oil and gas industry that were changed because of comments submitted during the initial review period. Deadline for the comment period.
- 5-Year Oil and Gas Leasing Schedule Announced. Pilkington, Steve // Alaska Business Monthly;Apr2001, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p8
Reports on Alaska's lease sales schedule after a temporary suspension of regular oil and gas industry lease sales. Implications of the BP Amoco and Atlantic Richfield Co. merger; Areas under consideration of the proposed sales.
- UAE. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/21/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p15
Discusses the outlook for the petroleum and natural gas industries in the United Arab Emirates in 2000. Oil and gas projects under way; Average production in 1999.
- State pumping in huge oil and gas lease revenue gains. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/2/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 54
Reports that small, independent oil and gas companies have come to dominate Louisiana's monthly lease sales. Factors behind the increase in demand for state leases; Number of oil and gas leases sold by the State Mineral Board in fiscal year 2001; Total revenues for the state.
- Brazil's Rio de Janeiro and Espirito Santo states plan to file lawsuits to fight changes to oil royalties payments. // World Energy News;3/8/2013, p1
The article reports that Rio de Janeiro and Espirito Santo states in Brazil plan to file lawsuits as of March 2013 to fight changes to oil royalties payments that could cost them billions of dollars in revenue.