- IN GOOD COMPANY. Cendón, Sara Fernández // Hispanic;Feb2008, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p31
The article features the best Latinos in business. Linda Alvarado is the president of Alvarado Construction which she founded 31 years ago. Her community involvement includes support of initiatives to promote education among Latinos and help women develop business careers. As president and chief...
- The Cosmopolitan Touch. Berman, Phyllis // Forbes Global;6/21/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p24
Explores the growth initiatives of U.S. aluminum company Alcoa in 2004. Deals established by the firm in the international market; Significance of concessions to the financial performance of Alcoa; Background of Alcoa chairman Alain J. P. Belda.
- trends. // Business Today;10/7/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p40
The article presents statistics on a variety of issues relevant to Indian business including the amount of money Indians saved in 2006-2007, the number of calls the telemarketing industry in the country makes each year, and the number of Indian executives with annual salaries in excess of 10...
- LETTERS. O'Halloran, Terence; McKee, Will; Sodhi, ManMohan S.; Pincham, John // Director;Dec2009, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p25
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including the editorial in the October 2009 issue, "View from here," in the November 2009 issue and "Born Supremacy" in the October 2009 issue.
- IT Pay Heading North. Fox, Steve // InfoWorld;6/13/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p4
The article focuses on the findings of the 2005 Compensation Survey conducted by InfoWorld magazine regarding the increasing salaries in the information technology sector. Morale is down and beleaguered workers are looking for other jobs in record numbers. Four years of cutbacks, shrinking...
- Compensation & Recruitment. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 26 Issue 155, p28
The articles focuses on the increasing salaries and workload of corporate directors in the United States. According to a study, times have changed quite dramatically for the directors of public U.S. companies. Directors spend more time and effort responding to the increased demands of...
- Uncle Sam Owns You. MCMORRIS, FRANCES A. // On Wall Street;Mar2009, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses the report "Uncertainty Changes the Rules" published within the issue.
- THE EXECUTIVES COMPENSATION AND HIS CAREER CYCLE. Foote, George H. // Business Horizons;Spring65, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p35
Focuses on the relationship between compensation needs and career position of executives. Use of the executive career cycle in understanding compensation needs of executives; Phases of the executive career cycle; Steps in improving the compensation plan of the company.
- DRUM BEAT OF REFORM GROWS LOUDER. McElligott, Tim; Weber, Toby // Telephony;9/23/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 11, p8
Reports the recommendation of the Conference Board Commission on Public Trust and Private Enterprise in dealing with the abuse of American executive compensation practices in the U.S. Occurrence of corporate scandals; Decline of public trust in companies; Establishment of independent...