- GET INVOLVED IN YOUR COMMUNITY. // Gay & Lesbian Times;11/17/2005, Issue 934, p20
The article calls for volunteers to get involved in community activities in San Diego, California. It includes centers looking for volunteers and their contact information.
- help others, help yourself. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Sep2003, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p74
Presents information on several organizations with volunteering projects focusing on social service. Africa & Asia Venture; Trekforce; Skillshare International.
- From our blogs on thirdsector.co.uk. Ballard, Jackie; Jackson, Rob // Third Sector;6/3/2014, Issue 800, p14
Several blogs are presented including on searching for Great Britain's longest serving charity shop volunteer by the Charity Retail Association and on an ill-tempered lady, who displayed a charity brand.
- Ten Questions to Ask. Carver, Miriam // Nonprofit World;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p20
The article focuses on the significant questions to ask when invited to join a board in a nonprofit. It is suggested to describe what a nonprofit does and the impact it has. One should also know the skills being asked to contribute and the role to be played in the board. Other points to ponder...
- Big Sisters welcome lesbian volunteers. Rodgerson, Gillian // Body Politic;Jan85, Issue 110, p14
Reports that the governing board of the Big Sisters Association of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan reversed a policy that prevented lesbians from being accepted as volunteer Big Sisters. Requirements for women volunteers; Responsibilities of volunteers; Profile of the Association.
- Building a foundation of caring since 1985. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/21/2004, Issue 323246, p7
Focuses on the activities and programs of the California-based ecumenical Christian housing ministry, Habitat for Humanity. Mission and vision of the organization in providing affordable housing; Founders and members; Volunteers and groups supporting the organization.
- CASA Volunteer of the Year is 'advocacy in action'. Shrader, Stacey // Tennessee Bar Journal;Jan2007, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p24
The article announces the award given to Toni New, an active advocacy volunteer which will be given on the Leadership Conference of the Tennessee Bar Association in January 2007. The Court Appointed Special Advocates Volunteer of the Year Award is granted for her long standing dedication to the...
- Get involved! Kent, Debra // Cosmopolitan;Jun96, Vol. 220 Issue 6, p146
Lists several organizations in the United States that women can join as volunteers. Big Brothers and Big Sisters of America; Cities in Schools; Habitat for Humanity; Empty the Shelters; The National Easter Seal Society; Special Olympics International.
- Reaching Out. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;4/16/2007, Vol. 69 Issue 21, p8
The article presents information on the National & Global Youth Service Day in the U.S. The event will be held from April 20 to 22, 2007 where young people around the world will participate in various community service projects such as cleaning up their communities and hosting local clothing and...