MAKING DEMOCRACY WORK
- Middle or Muddle? Ferguson, Tim // Forbes Asia;5/21/2007, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p7
The article comments on the leadership of Indonesian President Susilo Bambang President Yudhoyono. The author states that the President has more than two years to improve the economic and political conditions in the country. He adds that Yudhoyono should enhance the relationship of Indonesia...
- Leader Biography. // Indonesia Country Review;2010, p48
A biography of Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono is presented.
- Leader Biography. // Indonesia Country Review;2012, p71
The article offers a brief profile of Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono.
- Leader Biography. // Indonesia Country Review;2011, p63
A biography of Indonesia President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono is presented.
- Statement on the Reelection of President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono of Indonesia. Obama, Barack H. // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/14/2009, Special section p1
The article presents the text of a statement issued by U.S. President Barack Obama on the reelection of Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono on July 14, 2009. Obama offered his personal congratulations to Yudhoyono and made it clear that the U.S. wants to work with him and his people to...
- Indonesia Vows To End Corruption. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Jan2005, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p1
The article focuses on Indonesian President Susilo Bamband Yudhoyono's vow to make fighting corruption his top priority. The biggest challenge facing Yudhoyono as he begins his five-year presidential term will be working with an opposition-dominated parliament. Yudhoyono, has ordered a former...
- Key Facts and Geographical Location. // Indonesia Country Profile;2011, p10
The article presents key facts and geographic location of Indonesia which has a population of 245.6 million. It notes that President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono is the head of state of the country. It states that gross domestic product (GDP) per capita is 4,200 dollars. It mentions that the country...
- Battle-Hardened and Book Smart. Elegant, Simon; Loebis, Zamira; Tedjasukmana, Jason // Time International (South Pacific Edition);10/4/2004, Issue 39, p44
The article reports on Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, who defeated President Megawati Sukarnoputri in the Indonesian Presidential elections, to lead the world's fourth-most-populous nation. He is an intellectual with a personal library of 13,000 volumes. Yudhoyono told voters that he wouldn't shy...
- Growing Up. Beech, Hannah // Time International (South Pacific Edition);7/27/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 3, p48
The article discusses the presidential election that was held in Indonesia on July 8, 2009 and the significant political change it represents for the nation. While noting the scandalous backgrounds of certain candidates, it notes the election of incumbent Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono of the...