The Parts Paradox
- Suppliers paid or punished for close OEM ties. . Lewin, Tony; Snyder, Jesse // Automotive News Europe;7/24/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 15/16, p9
The article focuses on the sales performance of automobile parts suppliers in Europe in 2005. There is a decline in global sales at suppliers Delphi and Visteon due to the business losses of General Motors and Ford. Based on the data compiled by the Automotive News Europe Data Center, the...
- Market stress roils ranking of suppliers. Wernle, Bradford; Sherefkin, Robert // Automotive News;4/24/2006, Vol. 80 Issue 6199, p1
The article reports that reports that five of the 30 largest automobile suppliers on the journal "Automotive News" annual list of the top 150 North American suppliers are in Chapter 11 reorganization. The companies enjoying the biggest growth are the European and Japanese, and those that are...
- Delphi, Dana to cut jobs. // Automotive News;12/16/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 6016, p59
Reports that automobile equipment supplying companies Delphi Corp. and Dana Corp. have decided to layoff their workers. Delphi's production units affected by the decision; Workers affected by the layoffs; Reason behind Dana's decision to close its Richmond, Indiana-based foundry.
- Visteon, Delphi plan aftermarket strategies. Wright, Chris // Automotive News;7/5/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5827, p28E
Reports on automobile part suppliers Delphi Automotive Systems Corp. and Visteon Automotive Systems' plans to introduce their aftermarket strategies. Company background; Companies' plan to diversify out of the automobile industry.
- Delphi seat sites get Visteon visit. Sedgwick, David // Automotive News;1/26/1998, Vol. 71 Issue 5750, p1
States that Visteon Automotive Systems, Ford Motor Co.'s parts supplier group, is a potential buyer for seat plants owned by General Motors' Delphi Automotive Systems in Michigan. Background on Delphi; Other potential bidders for Delphi's seating business, including Johnson Controls.
- Delphi, Visteon seek growth selling replacement parts. Carney, Susan // Crain's Detroit Business;05/01/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p44
Reports on Delphi Automotive Systems Corp.'s and Visteon Automotive Systems Inc.'s rush to chase the market for replacement parts. Spin-off from General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co., respectively; Motor and Equipment Manufacturers Association's assessment of the companies' plans; Factors...
- GM to Ford: Let's share parts in China. Sedgwick, David // Automotive News;10/27/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5737, p3
States that General Motors (GM) wants to coordinate its parts-making operations with Ford Motor Co.'s new parts unit in China. GM's Delphi Automotive Systems to negotiate with Ford's Visteon Automotive Systems to buy and sell parts to each other; The suppliers trying to avoid building duplicate...
- Untitled. // Ward's Auto World;Jan2001, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p61
Provides news briefs on the automobile supplies industry as of January 2001. Plan of Denso Corp. to purchase the thermal systems division of Magneti Marelli SpA, the partsmaking subsidiary owned by Fiat SpA; Award won by the Spicer Driveshaft Division of Dana Corp.; Amount prepared by Visteon...
- Supply line. Kachadourian, Gail // Automotive News;1/22/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5913, p25
Reports on news and developments concerning the United States automobile supplies industry. Dana Corp.'s contract to supply front and rear driveshaft and axle assemblies for a Japanese automobile manufacturer's light trucks; Visteon Corp.'s contract to supply voice technology for the 2002...