- Leader Biography/Photograph. // Estonia Country Review;2001/2002, p29
Profiles Mart Laar, the prime minister of Estonia. Personal background; Education; Previous positions in government.
- "Just Do It" Interview with Mart Laar. Arias-King, Fredo // Demokratizatsiya;Fall2003, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p495
Interviews former Prime Minister of Estonia Mart Laar regarding the country's transition. Lessons Estonia can teach Mexico about transition; Details of how Mart reformed Estonia's justice system; Opinion of Mart on the investment funds of Poland.
- Back to Normal. Stuttaford, Andrew // National Review;11/1/1993, Vol. 45 Issue 21, p22
The article examines the development of the republic of Estonia following its independence from the socialist occupation of the Soviet Union. The state is now headed by historian turned Prime Minister Mart Laar. Estonia has already implemented some free-market reforms whose results can now be...
- World Statesman Award for Manmohan Singh. // India -- West;3/19/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 17, pA4
The article announces that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has received the World Statesman Award from the Appeal of Conscience Foundation.
- THE MILTON FRIEDMAN PRIZE for. // CATO Policy Report;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p3
The article focuses on the 2010 Milton Friedman Prize for Advancing Liberty which was given to Iranian writer and journalist Akbar Ganji by the Cato Institute on May 13, 2010. It states that Ganji is the fifth recipient of the prize together with its other recipients including Mart Laar,...
- Canada. // Public Works;Nov2008, Vol. 139 Issue 12, p42
The article features Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper, recognized as a 2008 Trendsetter by "Public Works" for launching the unprecedented infrastructure program called Building Canada.
- INTOUCH: Nominations Sought For Sir Peter Blake Leadership Awards. // New Zealand Management;Apr2009, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p26
The article reports that New Zealand Prime Minister John Key has reviewed his leadership after 100 days in the office at the opening of nominations for the 2009 Sir Peter Blake Leadership Awards. He said that about 500 business leaders remained confident in New Zealand's ability to come through...
- Pol takes path of resistance. Holdsworth, Nick // Variety;12/6/2010, Vol. 421 Issue 4, p4
The article focuses on former Prime Minister of Estonia Mart Laar, discussing how he has written a motion picture script based on that country's history.
- Award For Arthur. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Jan2005, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p2
Presents an update on political and economic issues in the Caribbean region as of January 2005. Award given by the Caribbean-Guyana Institute for Democracy to Barbados Prime Minister Owen Arthur; Plan concerning the implementation of the Caribbean Single Market and Economy; Conflict between...