- Market turns precious. Haselhurst, David // Bulletin with Newsweek;08/26/97, Vol. 116 Issue 6086, p54
Presents information on Precious Metals Australia and their vanadium mining project. Project on hold due to revival of market price; Windimurra deposit as the largest undeveloped economical vanadium deposit; Company's sale as below market value; Victoria Petroleum's performance; Performance of...
- Wait pays off for PMA. Haselhurst, David // Bulletin with Newsweek;04/07/98, Vol. 117 Issue 6117, p40
Reports that Precious Metals Australia (PMA) should profit from a bankable feasibility study due in April of 1998 on its vanadium deposit in Western Australia. Statistics on share price; Joint venture with Glencore International; PMA described as a mine about to happen rather than an...
- MODEST RESTART. Treadgold, Tim // BRW;4/27/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 16, p28
The article reports on the Precious Metals Australia Ltd. (PMA), which is rebuilding the partly dismantled Windimurra vanadium mine in central Western Australia, and has lifted its share price sharply over the past 12 months. Today, PMA has a cash reserves to 45 million dollars and appointed...
- Dusted off. Watson, Paul // BRW;08/11/97, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p14
Announces that Precious Metals Australia (PMA) is behind the push to revive Windimurra vanadium mine. Reason behind the closing of PMA's Palm Springs gold mine.
- Perth Miner Pursues Vanadium. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);May2005, Vol. 206 Issue 4, p20
Reports on the development of a vanadium project by Precious Metals Australia Ltd., another Perth-based miner, Reed Resources, in Western Australia. Motivation of Reed in the market price of vanadium; Estimation cost of the resources of vanadium.
- Black gold off Africa. Haselhurst, David // Bulletin with Newsweek;12/23/97, Vol. 116 Issue 6103, p48
Reports that Hardman Resources confirmed a multimillion dollar deal with Shell over part of its vast oil prospectus of the coast of the West African republic of Mauritania. Offshore areas held by Hardman; Details on the area; Areas Hardman retains; Negotiations with other oil companies;...
- Australia. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);May94, Vol. 195 Issue 5, p14
Reports on developments in Australia's mineral industry as of May 1994. Includes Carpentaria Shipping Services Pty. Ltd.'s contract to barge the McArthur River concentrates when the mine opens in 1995; Increase of the gold resource at Precious Metals Australia's Palm Springs project in the...
- This month in mining: In the Pacific. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Apr96, Vol. 197 Issue 4, p18WW
Presents information mining companies in the mining industry of the pacific region. Agreement between Straits Resources Limited and Dominion Mining Limited; Pricing of RTZ's Hamersley Iron pty iron ore; Dispute between Precious Metals Australia (PMA) and Nicolson Find Deposit.
- Mine gets precious little attention. Treadgold, Tim // BRW;03/15/99, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p68
Presents information on Australian mining company Precious Metals Australia. Their Windimurra project in Western Australia seen as Australia's first viable vanadium mine; Uses of the metal; How the stock market has largely ignored the company; Potential profits from the project; Reasons that...