Rebelles Without a Cause? Images of Masonic Women in France
- Protestantism and the Politics of Religion in French Colonial Vietnam. Keith, Charles // French Colonial History;2012, Vol. 13, p141
No abstract available.
- Cover Page. // Canadian Journal of History;Autumn2010, Vol. 45 Issue 2, preceding p207
The cover of the Autumn 2010 issue of the journal is presented, showing an image from the BibliothÃ©que Nationale in France, titled "The arrest of Deputy Baudin, 1 May 1893."
- Violences symboliques et discriminations raciales dans l'empire franï¿½ais. Le Cour Grandmaison, Olivier // Historical Reflections;Summer2010, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p24
Le prï¿½sent article se propose d'ï¿½tudier, le "principe" du rï¿½gime, au sens montesquivien du terme, ï¿½tabli dans les territoires d'outre-mer de la Troisiï¿½me Rï¿½publique en s'intï¿½ressant aux passions et aux agissements des colons et des "indigï¿½nes" afin de...
- APRESENTAÃ‡ÃƒO. Vaz, Maria João; Vidal, Frédéric // Ler HistÃ³ria;2010, Issue 59, p7
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss various reports within the issue on topics including the First Republic established in Portugal in 1910, the Third Republic established in France from 1870 to 1940, and a historical overview of Republicanism.
- Position of Members of National Representative Body according to the Constitution of the Kingdom of Serbia of 1901 and the Constitution of French Third Republic of 1875 (Constitution de la IIIe RÃ©publique). Kulauzov, Maša // Proceedings of Novi Sad Faculty of Law / Zbornik Radova Pravnog ;2007, Vol. 41 Issue 1/2, p345
In this paper provisions of the Constitution of the Kingdom of Serbia of 1901 and the Constitution of French Third Republic of 1875 concerning the nature of mandate and immunity of members of legislative body, as well as a possibility of dissolution of National Assembly were presented. Those...
- From Democratic Advocate to Monarchist Critic of the Republic: The Penitent Jacobinism... Hazareesingh, Sudhir // English Historical Review;Nov98, Vol. 113 Issue 454, p1143
Discusses the history of the Third Republic of France. Examination on the different schools of thought that attempted explain the political conditions and events that brought the creation of the Third Republic; Analysis on the political philosophy of Etienne Vacherot.
- A Sketch of the French Chamber. J. C. G. // America;6/19/1909, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p265
The article focuses on the French Chamber. It notes that an average Frenchman tends not to consider the French Chamber as a representative of the national mind or will. It describes the French Chamber as being comprised of deputies who are grouped for the benefit of personal ends on the...
- Un projet de rÃ©forme hygiÃ©nique des modes de vie : naturistes et vÃ©gÃ©tariens Ã la Belle Ã‰poque. Baubérot, Arnaud // French Politics, Culture & Society;Winter2008, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p1
The article focuses on the proposition of a hygienic reform concerning the lifestyle of French people by doctors during a period called the Belle Ã‰poque, from the end of the 19th century to the beginning of World War I, in reaction to industrial and urban development and its effect on...
- Edouard Daladier, chef de gouvernement (Book Review). Cairns, John C. // American Historical Review;Apr78, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p454
Reviews the book 'Edouard Daladier, chef de gouvernement: avril 1938-septembre 1939,' edited by Rene Remond and Janine Bourdin.