New Airport Authority Urged
- Airport mulls call-in effect. // Planning (14672073);6/27/2008, Issue 1775, p6
The article reports on the summon for Stobart Air's development proposals at Carlisle Airport in England. Stobart's plans include the construction of a replacement runway, passenger terminal, freight warehousing and air traffic control center. According to airport director Richard Gordon, the...
- Terminal rail plans lodged. // Planning (14672073);8/7/2009, Issue 1830, p6
The article reports on the mixed response of the councils to the plans of British Airports Authority (BAA) to improve rail services to Heathrow Airport in London, England. Tunnelling between Terminal 5 and Hithermoor, building a train depot at Feltham and remodelling Staines station is involved...
- Coventry kicks off over planning row. Clarke, Michael // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;4/12/2004, Issue 1713, p4
Coventry Airport has lost patience with Warwick District Council over its planning permission battle and gone on the attack. The TUI-owned airport has accused the council of wasting taxpayers' money and going against the public's wishes in its attempt to stop the airport using a temporary...
- MAINE: Portland Eyes Jetport Deal. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;7/28/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32927, p9
The article reports on the new-money transaction proposal of the city council to finance a $60 million expansion at the Portland International Jetport in Portland, Maine. According to Jetport's principal financial officer Rick Marston, the airport's expansion project would depend on the...
- Muni Council Meeting Postponed One Month Because of REP Delays. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/16/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31554, p29
Reports on delay in the meeting of Municipal Council in Washington due to delay in request for proposals to establish a central disclosure post office facility. Organizations hosting the meeting; Revised date of the meeting; Purpose of establishing the post office facility.
- OREGON: Bypassing Bonds. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31297, p27
Reports on decision of Portland, Oregon City Council to ask voters to approve a property tax levy to finance improvements to the city's park system, instead of a previously considered bond measures. Benefits of the five-year levy.
- Hackney aims to lose its `rotten' reputation. Overell, Stephen // People Management;11/21/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 23, p12
Focuses on the human resource (HR)-driven change programme of Hackney council to transform its reputation as London's most rotten borough. Function of HR; Comments concerning the reputation of the council; Its management development initiative.
- The financier of last resort. Waxman, Lionel // Inside Tucson Business;3/10/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 39, p5
Reports on the role of city council in Tucson, Arizona. Ordinance requiring residents to keep up the appearance of homes to the satisfaction of city authorities; Projected budget deficit of the city.
- Good earth award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/16/96, Vol. 43 Issue 38, p1
Reports that the Riverhead, New York town council has unanimously supported a bond issue for the town's first farmland preservation program.