Maricopa Going Strong
- The Final Frontier? // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/16/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 38, p1
The article focuses on the fundamental change being experienced by Africa in January 2006 that will open opportunities for economic development. It offers a look at the investments of China in Africa. It offers information on the political and economic conditions in Tanzania. It also provides...
- Angola a giant awakes. Sainsbury, Brendan // New African;Dec2006, Issue 457, p60
The article shares the author's insights on the economic transition in Angola. The author cites that Angola's war battered economy comes from the Far East countries. China's relations with Angola has formalized the way of doing business between the two countries and it has reaped beneficial...
- Bangladesh: Seeking 'Tiger' Status. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/16/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 38, p11
The article focuses on the aim of Bangladesh to increase its economic growth rate in 2006. It offers information on the plan of the country to emulate the economic success of Thailand and Malaysia. Information on the relations of Bangladesh with foreign investors is presented. It also discusses...
- DATA &FORECASTS. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia & CIS;Aug2005, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p11
Presents data on the economic status of the Republic of Georgia in 2005. Increase in net transfer of workers' remittances in 2004; Role of remittances in the economic performance of the country; Challenges facing the economy following the over reliant on transfer inflows.
- Socialism with Chinese characteristics? 0.1% in China own half of nation's wealth. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Dec2009, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p35
The article reports on the result of the study conducted by Boston Consulting Group (BCG) which states that the number of millionaires in China is reported to be around 450,000 by the end of 2009 and that they have around 1.73 trillion dollars of assets under their control. It mentions that the...
- Formula for Africa's rapid growth. Versi, Anver; Kufuor, John Agyekum // African Business;Aug/Sep2004, Issue 301, p14
Focuses on the economic performance of Africa. Information on "African Economic Outlook," a report released by African Development Bank; Discussion on several economic strategies used by African countries; Significance of industrialization to economic performance.
- The million-dollar folly in forex. Cofnas, Abe // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Nov2003, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p36
Reports on global economic-related issues as of November 2003. Summit attended by developed countries to tackle economic issues globally; Japan's economic condition; Implication of the world's transition from recession to global growth for the economic conditions of developed countries.
- Is America's Decline Inevitable? RALL, TED // Progressive Populist;11/1/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p19
The author discusses the declining political and economic status of the U.S. He reports 2011 poll results which show pessimism of the American public about the future of the nation. He compares economic development plans of 2012 U.S. presidential candidates Barack Obama and Mitt Romney, noting...
- China and the Global Economy. Palley, Thomas I. // Dollars & Sense;Nov/Dec2005, Issue 262, p14
The article ponders on why China must shift from export-led growth to domestic-led growth in 2005. It offers a look at the massive transformation that China has undergone over the years. The development model of China is also reviewed. External contradictions are also presented, particularly the...