Casey's Confirmation to SEC Likely to Be a Sure Thing
- SEC Names Lori Schock Acting Director of Investor Education. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/30/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32414, p50
The article reports on the appointment of Lori Schock as acting director of the Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) Office of Investor Education and Assistance in the U.S. Schock, who served as deputy director of the office, will replace Susan Ferris Wyderko. Schock is organizing the...
- Kohn for Fed Vice Chairman; Casey for SEC. Rucker, Patrick // American Banker;5/19/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 96, p24
The article reports on appointments to the United States Federal Reserve Board and Securities and Exchange Commission. President George W. Bush will nominate Donald L. Kohn to be vice chairman of the Federal Reserve Board. Kohn will replace Roger Ferguson. Kathleen Casey will be nominated a...
- Who'll Lead the SEC? Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p1
Reports the candidates for the chairmanship of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in the United States. Background of James R. Doty, top candidate of Texas Governor George W. Bush; List of nominees of Vice President Al Gore; Achievements of Arthur Levitt as SEC chairman.
- Senate on Verge of Approving Donaldson as SEC Chair. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/12/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31572, p4
Reports that the U.S. Senate is on the verge of confirming President George W. Bush's nominee, William H. Donaldson as Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) chairman as of February 2003. Profile of Donaldson; Person whom Donaldson would replace; Introduction of a bill legislators that would...
- West Promoted at SEC Enforcement Division. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;3/21/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31598, p36
Reports on the appointment of Lawrence A. West as an associate director of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) enforcement division. West's professional experience; Responsibilities held by West in SEC; Awards won by West.
- Does Harvey Pitt Signal Happy Days for the Securities Industry and Big Companies? // SCOR Report;Jul2001, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on Harvey L. Pitt, United States (U.S.) President George W. Bush's choice for chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Concern regarding the nomination of Pitt; Pitt's reputation as a securities lawyer, according to Senator Charles E. Schumer; What Pitt promised the...
- Senate Panel Backs Donaldson for SEC . Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;2/12/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 29, p3
Reports that the U.S. Senate Banking Committee has approved the nomination of William Donaldson for the chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Expectations of Senators from Donaldson; Achievements of Donaldson.
- Panel to Hold Chairman Nominee Hearing Next Week. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/30/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31563, p5
Reports on an announcement by the U.S. Senate Banking Committee chairman Richard Shelby to hold a hearing to consider the nomination of William H. Donaldson as the chairman of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Donaldson's professional experience; Donaldson's tenure in SEC.
- John Nester Named Director of Public Affairs. // ComplyNet;Feb2006, p1
The article reports on the appointment of John Nester as director of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) Office of Public Affairs. He joined the department in June 2002 as Media Director and Public Affairs Specialist and was integral to communications efforts during...