Tampa, University Enter Into IRS Settlement
- Attorneys: PILOT, Tribal Rulings Inconsistent. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;8/10/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32442, p1
The article focuses on the charges of several bond attorneys on the rulings issued by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) concerning tax-exempt financing for two New York City baseball stadiums. The charges claimed that the private-letter rulings issued by the agency is inconsistent with the...
- Treasury, IRS Ask for Comment on Tax Shelter Provision. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;7/17/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32424, p4
The article reports on the uncertainty expressed by federal officials about a provision in the Tax Increase Prevention and Reconciliation Act that imposes disclosure requirements on tax-exempt entities that enter into "prohibited tax shelter transaction." The Internal Revenue Service issued a...
- IRS rules you can love. Perkins, Lanny // Inside MS;Winter/Spring95, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p17
Presents Internal Revenue Service tax exemptions on medical expenses. Includes medical equipment in excess of 7.5 percent of gross income; Certification of medical need for the purchase; Amount for tax-deduction; Reimbursement from insurance or employer; Auditing by IRS agents.
- The New Economics of Exempt Organizations. Bird, Bruce M.; Segal, Mark A. // CPA Journal;Dec2000, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p38
Provides information on the standards set by the United States Internal Revenue Service concerning tax-exempt status and unrelated business income tax (UBIT). Discussion on whether UBIT should be treated as taxable income or excludable royalty; Determination of advertising with sponsorship for...
- Substantial compliance with GST allocation. // Practical Accountant;Jul97, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p20
Focuses on a ruling by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on the compliance with procedural rules pertaining to generation-skipping tax emption. Where to find the rules; Implication of gift returns on tax exemption.
- IRS Takes No Action on Audits of Sewage Bonds. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31242, p5
Reports the completion of audits of sewage bonds by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) officials. Determination on the issuance of sewage facilities from the tax-exempt private-activity bonds; Implications of the penalty on the problems of winning the case in court; Issues in the violation of...
- Power in the boardroom. Greene, Jay // Modern Healthcare;10/14/96 Supplement, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p24
Reports that a revised policy by the United States' Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will give physicians more governing power when forming tax-exempt integrated delivery systems with hospitals. Detailed information on the revised policy; Limitations of the guidelines since 1993; Comments from...
- CHAPTER 8: Apply for Your Federal 501(c)(3) Tax Exemption. Mancuso, Anthony // How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation in California;5/ 1/2011, p171
The article discusses the preparation of a Federal 501(c)(3) tax exemption application for nonprofit corporations in California. An overview of forms and publications needed for a tax exemption application is provided, along with measures for the completion of the applications. The author...
- TAX TRAPS FOR THE UNSUSPECTING. Scott, Marshall // Trustee;Mar2000, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p16
Discusses issues related to the United States Internal Revenue Service's proposed regulation on tax-exempt status abuses of tax-exempt charities. Guidelines to determine involvement in tax-exempt abuse; Benchmarks to consider; Definition of compensation transactions.