Eden at a Discount
- The wonder years. Reid, Mark // Beaver;Feb/Mar2009, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issued including one by Charlotte Gray on Alexander Graham Bell's invention of the airplane and another by Danielle Metcalfe-Chenail on air tourism.
- Nova Scotia, Mon Amour. Beam, Alex // Atlantic;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 297 Issue 1, p189
This article looks at travel and tourism in Nova Scotia. The article recommends visiting the Alexander Graham Bell Museum, Louisburg, an restored eighteenth-century French fortress, Annapolis Royal, and Kejimkujik National Park. The article discusses Francophone Acadian culture in the Pubnicos...
- The journey of a mind. Van Steen, Marcus // Beaver;Jun/Jul92, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p42
Profiles inventor, Alexander Graham Bell. His early years and tireless work for the deaf; Machines he invented; How each invention was created; People who helped him with his inventions; Bell's personal life.
- Pet Project. Allen, Chaz // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);2/20/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p3
The article discusses inventor Alexander Graham Bell's eccentric personality.
- AMERICAN ALL-STARS. // Weekly Reader News Edition 4-6;9/2/2011, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p7
A quiz about Alexander Graham Bell is presented.
- Science tricks from Dr. Bell's lab. // National Geographic World;Oct92, Issue 206, p8
Discusses how Dr. Alexander Graham Bell, in order to pass his love of science on to his grandchildren, prepared a series of experiments to explain why things act and react as they do. Details on the amazing card-under-the-glass trick and the mysterious egg-in-the-bottle trick.
- Aleck's Amazing Talking Dog. Barson, Kelly // Highlights;Nov2006, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p10
The article features inventor Alexander Graham Bell and his talking dog Trouve.
- Alexander Graham Bell's career. // Horizon Canada (English edition);Jan2001, pN.PAG
Presents a chronology of events on the career of scientist Alexander Graham Bell. Research on sounds; Employment as an assistant at a speech laboratory in London, England; Formation of the Aerial Experiment Association.
- The Genius of Baddeck. Lamb, James B. // Horizon Canada (English edition);Jan2001, pN.PAG
Provides information on the life of scientist Alexander Graham Bell in Baddeck, Nova Scotia. Development of flying machines and racing boats by Bell; Factors causing Bell to choose Baddeck as a residential place; Recruitment of engineers by Bell.