I Want My MVNO!
- Retailers Key To Virgin's Strategy. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;11/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 23, p26
Discusses the role of retailers in the retail strategy of wireless handset maker Virgin Mobile USA. Number of locations where Virgin sells its cellular handsets; Details of Virgin's retail strategy; Opinion of Visage Mobile on selling wireless services from others.
- Only strongest MVNOs will survive. Winter, Allie // RCR Wireless News;6/30/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p12
The article reports on the challenges faced by mobile virtual network operations (MVNOs) companies in the U.S. These are the failure of MVNOs firms to promote their products to the right customers and the failure to utilize retail stores for the marketing of wireless devices. However, it reveals...
- Virgin-Helio targets broader base of users. Winter, Allie // RCR Wireless News;6/30/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on the plan of Virgin Mobile USA to acquire MVNO Helio LLC in the U.S. Virgin Mobile announces to acquire the company for a disclosed deal of $39 million which plays essential role in enhancing its financial performance and competitiveness in the wireless telecommunication...
- Virgin Mobile USA, Helio most effective in driving online sales. // RCR Wireless News;8/28/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p22
The article reports on the emergence of mobile virtual network operators (MVNO) Virgin Mobile USA LLC and Helio LLC as the most effective at using the Internet to drive brand awareness and sales according to a study conducted by Compete Inc. The study also found that small MVNO such as Mobile...
- Virgin To Expand Helio; Brand May Be Dropped. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/7/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p4
The article reports on the plan of Virgin Mobile USA, the prepaid mobile virtual network operator (MVNO), to add postpaid service under its brand for the first time when it acquires ailing postpaid-MVNO Helio. The article says that the voice and data services of Helio will become available for...
- Amp'd Mobile Puts Content First. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;1/16/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p14
This article features Amp'd Mobile, the first cellular service to make content rather than communications its central calling, offering a slew of TV, music and games. The company is part of a new cellular breed called mobile virtual network operators. It is also said to be the first to...
- DEATH OF AN MVNO. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;8/6/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p3
The article reports on the bankruptcy filed by Amp'd Mobile Inc. The company filed for bankruptcy because of being unable to generate sufficient funds to carry it through reorganization. It joins Mobile ESPN in the failed mobile virtual network operators and its clients were stuck with the need...
- Virgin Mobile USA sets sights on America's youth. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;6/24/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p1
Deals with the plan of Virgin Mobile USA to target the youth market with its prepaid wireless service offering. Code division multiple access branded handsets to be introduced by Virgin Mobile; Agreements signed by Virgin Mobile with other companies; Information on the company's VirginXtras.
- Virgin Mobile Launches Wireless Phone Service In U.S. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;06/24/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p4
Reports the launching of the prepaid wireless phone service of Virgin Mobile USA in the U.S. Availability of the customized Kyocera-made phones in the metropolitan areas; Target market of the company.