- That special glow. Mckay, David // Finweek;3/1/2007, p10
The article focuses on the uranium mining which attracted the interests of the government and gold producers in South Africa. The government tries to tie uranium development to downstream business to capture new investment. The lucrative outlook of uranium which functions as the raw material for...
- Nuclear news. Henderson, Clare // Chain Reaction;Dec94, Issue 72, p29
Reports on nuclear industry expansion plans in Australia. Western Mining Corp.'s feasibility study into the expansion at the Roxby Downs uranium mine; Orebody development at the Ranger and Jabiluka mines; ALP National Conference's three mines uranium policy.
- Report: China eyes North Korean uranium. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;1/25/2006, p5
The article focuses on the rights being demanded by China to develop the uranium resources of North Korea in return for emergency economic assistance. North Korea has some of the world's highest quality tungsten and uranium. Some experts believe that Pyongyang will exploit the uranium reserves...
- Art and the atomic age. WILES, TAY // High Country News;12/23/2013, Vol. 45 Issue 22, p3
Two photographs are presented of one related to a mining site located in Utah that has witnessed extreme growth in 20th century but later disposed because of its hazardous waste and another related to a Utah-based uranium mine that supplied uranium to a nuclear plant.
- Uranium demand set to soar. Morgan, M. J. // African Business;Feb2010, Issue 361, p44
The article informs that the number of nuclear reactors are going to rise in the coming years and with it, demand for uranium, improving the prospect of uranium producers in Africa. It is stated that a significant amount of uranium would be mined from African countries including Namibia, Niger...
- Tanzania is holding talks with foreign companies planning uranium and nickel production. // African Business News;1/28/2014, p31
The article reports that talks with foreign companies planning uranium and nickel production in the country are being holded by Tanzania to ensure that stakes under a 2010 law requiring to take shares in strategic mines are received by the government.
- TRENDS. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Apr1970, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p17
The article offers news briefs related to atomic science in the U.S. The Atomic Energy Commission affirmed the complaint raised by the Colorado Committee for Environmental Information that plutonium oxide is leaking into the environment. The number of foreign-born scientists, engineers and...
- POISONED EARTH. // Chain Reaction;Apr2005, Issue 93, Special section p1
Provides information on uranium mining and milling in Australia. History of uranium mining in the country; Development of the Roxby/Olympic Dam mine near Woomera; Benefits of the election of the pro-nuclear Coalition government in 1996 to uranium mining and the nuclear industry.
- DIGGING UP DISASTER. Sweeney, Dave // Chain Reaction;Apr2005, Issue 93, Special section p6
Provides information on the controversy surrounding the Melbourne Olympic Dam/Roxby uranium mine expansion which began in Australia in 1975. Partnership of national antinuclear groups with traditional Kokatha Aboriginal owners in the region to oppose the mine; Vision for the expanded mine;...