Big Bucks Banking
- LOOSE CHANGE. // U.S. Banker;Jan2002, Vol. 112 Issue 1, p11
Presents news relevant to banks in the United States as of January 2002. Prospects that Morgan Chase Co. will purchase Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.; Increase of the pace of direct mail marketing among credit card companies in spite of the September 2001 terrorist attacks.
- Bank Earnings Hit All Notes. Moriarly, George // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/24/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 29, p4
The article reports on the financial earnings of several banks such as Citigroup Inc., Merrill Lynch and Co. Inc., Bank of America Corp. and JPMorgan Chase and Co. as of July 24, 2006 in the U.S. The banks reported positive performances for the first two quarters, except for Citigroup, who...
- Bank Group Reprices HCA Term Loan. // Bank Loan Report;2/5/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p3
The article reports that several financial institutions, including JPMorgan Chase & Co., Bank of America Corp., Citigroup Inc. and Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. are launching a repricing on the Hospital Corporation of America's (HCA) term loan debt. It is noted that HCA Inc. is doing well with a 4.2%...
- IDD OutTakes. Lubo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/22/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 45, p4
Reports on news and developments concerning the financial services industry. J.P. Morgan Chase's search for an energy trading business to expand its operations in the sector; Flaws in BNP Paribas' report of suspicious activities in its New York branch's handling of funds for other foreign banks;...
- Viable Merrill Suitors Among U.S. Banks Few. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;10/29/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 208, p1
The article discusses the possibility that Merrill Lynch & Co. will merge with another commercial bank, after a report that Merrill's chief executive officer, E. Stanley O'Neal, had reached out to Wachovia Corp. about combining the two companies. Analysts said only a limited number of companies,...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/27/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p40
Presents information about global investment underwriting volume as of January 21, 2003. Losses incurred by JP Morgan Chase & Co.; Profits earned by Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.
- A $655 MILLION WIN FOR J.P. MORGAN. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/6/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p4
Presents news briefs related to business enterprises in the U.S. Lawsuit filed by J.P. Morgan Chase Bank against its insurers; Launch of high-yield bond department by middle-market boutique Morgan Joseph; Merger of retail mutual fund groups under the asset management business of Merrill Lynch &...
- M&A Fees: Some Boost, Others Cut. // American Banker;11/23/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 225, p23
Reports that Goldman Sachs Group Inc., Lehman Brothers, and Merrill Lynch & Co. charged more for merger advice in the first three quarters of 2004, while competitors like CItigroup Inc. and J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. reduced their fees. Financial details of fees charged by several securities firms;...
- Investment Banking & Brokerage Industry Profile: Global. // Investment Banking & Brokerage Industry Profile: Global;2005, p1
Presents a profile of the Investment Banking & Brokerage industry in the World. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.