Fixing What's Not Broken
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Kingdom of Thailand;1/28/2011, p6
The article discusses the export-dependent economy of Thailand. It states that the country's economy has been reliant on external demand from the U.S. and other foreign markets which braced it during the Asian financial crisis. Information presented also reveals the dual track economic policy...
- Thailand Country Profile. // Thailand Country Profile;2007, p1
The article provides information on the economic and political development as well as the government structure in Thailand. Formerly known as Siam, Thailand's government administrations have been characterized by short self-lives and corruption. The deposition of Prime Minister Thaksin...
- THAILAND: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jan2010, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p2
The article focuses on the political and economic risks in Thailand. The People' Alliance for Democracy of Thailand has conducted a protest regarding Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's appointment as Cambodia's Economic Advisor. Thai export has posted a remarkable growth in 2009 despite the...
- Rian Dundon: The Long Haul In Bangkok. Chin, Alan // BAGnewsNotes;5/6/2010, p1
A photograph depicting the protest of the supporters of ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra in Bangkok, Thailand is presented.
- Malaysia-Thailand Partnership. Shinawatra, Thaksin // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p18
Presents an excerpt from a speech by Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra of Thailand delivered during the Malaysia-Thailand Technology and Business Partnership Dialogue in Langkawi, Kedah on July 27, 2003 which dealt with the cordial relationship between Thailand and Malaysia.
- Charged. Fastenberg, Dan // Time International (Asia Edition);6/7/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 22, p14
The article reports on the terrorism case filed against former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra for inciting the demonstrations in Bangkok.
- Thaksin eyeing return to Thailand. // Asian Pacific Post;4/19/2012, p13
The article reports that ousted Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is planning to return to Thailand believing that reconciliation is taking place in the country.
- Fugitive ex-premier says he's "patient.". // Asian Pacific Post;11/24/2011, p17
This article reports on a statement issued by Thai former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra regarding his request for an amnesty from the government.
- Asia Beat. // Asian Pacific Post;8/6/2009, p3
This section offers news briefs in Asia, including a rally staged by supporters of former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, the increasing number of women in Bangladesh who are marrying early, and the identification of the remains of two Australians missing in Vietnam.