- Dell PC market share continues to decline. Kunert, Paul // MicroScope;7/23/2007, p17
The article reports on the decline in the market share of Dell during the second quarter of 2007. For the fourth consecutive quarter, Dell has lost market share to rivals in the personal computer market across EMEA and has been urged by Gartner to speed up its channel embrace or risk stagnating...
- Gartner: Western Europe's PC market Grew 12% YoY in Q4. // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Mar2009, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p10
The article reports on the growth of the personal computer (PC) industry in Western Europe in the fourth quarter of 2008. PC sales in Western Europe reached 20.1 million units, up 12% year-over-year, according to Gartner Inc. Hewlett-Packard has the biggest share of the market with 23.2%,...
- Top 10 Budget Desktop PCs. // PC World;Jun2010, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p54
The article evaluates several desktop personal computers (PC) including the Gateway SX2840-01, Dell Inspiron 580s, and Acer Veriton X480G.
- Dell, Acer make plans to enter Pentium Pro server race. Uimonen, Terho // InfoWorld;8/26/96, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p42
Reports on Dell Computer Corp. and Acer Group's plan to further penetrate the enterprise server business with Pentium Pro systems aimed at the high end. Features and capabilities; Network operating systems bundled by Acer with its servers; Market share of computer companies in the enterprise...
- Untitled. Savvas, Antony // Computer Weekly;9/23/2008, p15
The article reports on the decreasing market shares of Dell due to its issuance of profits warning. The author stated that the company has seen a continuing decrease in end-user PC demand. In addition, the company expects to obtain costs as it realigns its business to improve competitiveness,...
- HARDWARE. Frguson, Scott // eWeek;12/10/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p46
The article presents several developments in the computer hardware industry in the U.S. in 2007. Michael Dell returned as chief executive officer (CEO) of Dell Computer Corp. due to the poor performance of Kevin Rollins. Several vendors released personal computers and servers that cut down...
- Sub-$2,000 Business desktops. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Jun2005, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p72
This article presents a list of several sub-$2,000 business desktops. Some of them are Plus Corp.'s Aspect M575, Acer Inc.'s Veriton 7700G, Altech Inc.'s Europa 86i and Dell Computer Corp.'s OptiPlex 170L. Information on their features and specifications is provide din the article.
- Acer overcomes Lenovo as no. 3 PC OEM, nips at Dell's heels for no. 2 spot. Deffree, Suzanne // Electronic News;3/10/2008, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p15
The article reports that Acer has secured its position as the number three PC manufacturer, edging out Lenovo, and is now nipping on the heels of number two Dell. It was fourth quarter 2007 that put Acer over the top. According to iSuppli, Acer shipped 7.2 million PCs in the quarter, which saw...
- PCs Industry Profile: Europe. // PCs Industry Profile: Europe;Jun2007, p1
Presents a profile of the PCs industry in Europe. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.