- INDIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Dec2010, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p2
The article presents a risk summary for the economic, political and business environment in India which reveals that the U.S. is pushing the country to take on a big role in trade and security in the region and that its Ministry of Steel has proposed to increase its tax on iron ore exports to 20.0%.
- Indian duty on export of iron ore has been increased from 20% to 30%. // World Mining News;4/26/2013, p6
The article reports on a 30% rise in Indian duty on iron ore exports implemented as of 2013.
- Iron ore 1997--Divergent Forces. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Sep97, Vol. 198 Issue 9, p95
Highlights the AME Mineral Economic's iron ore study `Divergent Forces,' which forecasts that Brazil and Australia to remain the world's dominant exporters of iron ore. Factors behind the two countries' dominance; Expectations for investments in pelletization and other beneficial projects; Key...
- India to become a major iron ore importer. // Cargo Talk;Sep2014, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p8
The article reports that India will consider importing 10 million tonnes in 2015 including products such as iron ore.
- Exports of iron ore with below 65% iron content decanalised. // Chemical Business;Jan1996, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p24
Reports on the Indian government's decision to decanalize exports of iron ore with iron content below 65 percent to destinations other than Japan, China and South Korea. Exportation of iron ore of Goa origin freely to all markets; Previous exportation of iron ores through MMTC Ltd.
- DATA. // BRW;10/1/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p10
The article reports on the forecasted 27.4 billion dollars' worth of iron ore exports from 2009-2010.
- Round two. // China Economic Review (13506390);Dec2009, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p10
The article reports on the iron ore contract negotiations conducted by big-time steel companies in China regarding the sector's economic future.
- MURCHISON SELLS MIDWEST STAKE. Chinnery, Kevin // BRW;9/18/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p18
The article reports that Murchison Metals has sold its stake in Western Australian iron ore company MidWest Corp. to Chinese firm Sinosteel. According to the author, Sinosteel closed its $1.36 billion bid on September 15, 2008. The author adds that Murchison was forced to sell its stake due to...
- HEAVY METAL. Cottrill, Ken // Traffic World;3/22/99, Vol. 257 Issue 12, p25
Reports the political aspects on the importation and shipment of iron ore metals by the Great Lakes company in the United States. Anticipation of the season for a premium cargoes; Effects of the last season imports of steel on the metal industries; Implementation of quotas for steel imports. ...